joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historical Blizzard Obs Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better start seeing some massive swaths of 45-50dbz returns soon....  

Is it funny or is it funny...after looking like c*ap all day...the 2z RAP suddenly looks pretty good out here...

10 PM Observations - still no heavy snow to the east - visibilities all 1/2 mile or more - winds not an issue yet - no blizzard conditions yet - even though the Blizzard Warning started 9 hours ago

http://kamala.cod.edu/nj/latest.asus41.OKX.KOKX.html

Well they all have moderate snow with wind gust in the 30's to near 40...I mean...were you expecting the 1938 Hurricane?

get back from the ledge. radar is looking better

Radar is excellent out here and out the window view is just as good...

Its gonna be damn close for NYC, the core of the band now runs from roughly Lattingtown to Lynbrook or so, if it can make it 20-30 more miles they'll get in, if not could see big totals at LGA/JFK and maybe only 8-10 at NYC.

Where that band gets to and stops will likely have some of the best totals anywhere-these western edge bands are known to be huge snow producers. Looks very good for Nassau and then into SW CT at this point. Hopefully it pushes a little further, through NYC but the westward progress looks like it's slowing.

Well they all have moderate snow with wind gust in the 30's to near 40...I mean...were you expecting the 1938 Hurricane?

I was expecting blizzard conditions to develop somewhere in the region by 10 pm which has not happened yet just looks like a regular winter  Nor'easter so far - I fully expect most areas east of NYC to have blizzard conditions eventually BUT west of there is questionable

Archived