• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm Disco for Manitoba Mauler 01/26/27

Damage In Tolland

OES saves us I think. This is why I'll be riding it out in Southie, not Andover. That and there is food in the fridge at my parents and not at school. :lol:

I've already resolved to work from home Tuesday at the least, where I have two pounds of boneless beef short ribs waiting to go into the slow cooker.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people keep mentioning Chartreuse? This is Chartreuse.

Lol it was a joke. A snow map was posted for yesterday's snow the 24-36 color bar was there. I made a post and said I was going to go out on the biggest limb of my life and predict we would see a 24-36 chartreuse map before the year was up. Of course me being color blind it was pointed out 24-36 was a purple pinky thingy. Now running joke but hey not a bad call eh?

Ugh.  What a year to go to college in Oklahoma.  60's every day this week...  

I feel like BOX isn't quite on the banding bandwagon (so to speak) quite yet, which makes sense due to the bouncing about.  The widespread 24-36 must be them guessing at that screw zone.  But remembering Nemo, someone is going to pull 40+ out of this, with such banding and moisture.  I'd bet good money its somewhere on a line from ORH to Nashua, down to the CT coast.  Sheesh.

lol yup. My first semester I was extremely homesick for cold and snow. And then I played frisbee on a 70 degree day in the middle of January, and I was okay with it haha.

And taking the Oklahoma perspective on weather everywhere -- check out the SCP from the 15z SREF.

Can't upload for some reason, but just go check it out. Median > 12 in the Gulf of Maine at 15z Tuesday

And ... I think we are getting collectively (not you per se...) caught up in the drama of the thing. 

I mean really, half those numbers with winds gusting to 40 is paralyzing enough.  I'm just saying, if something less than histrionic verifies, I hope to god that those that like to visit the site won't have to wade through a festoon of meltdown meaninglessness... 

Also, guys, if you go and check out the satellite wv and radar loops in the TV, that is a ginormous rotational entity. It's a like a big meso it's torque is that obvious.  I really think that much rotational dynamic settling into an erstwhile amplifying longwave trough .. it really seems "backing off" solutions should be very suspect at this point in time.  I won't worry about these 18z solutions is all -

Add the 12z to those too.  We will probably continue to see wobble until after the point the convection fires which is when the feedback seems to mute...like 24 hours from now.

It's a beast

g13.2015025.2345_US_wv.jpg

Lol it was a joke. A snow map was posted for yesterday's snow the 24-36 color bar was there. I made a post and said I was going to go out on the biggest limb of my life and predict we would see a 24-36 chartreuse map before the year was up. Of course me being color blind it was pointed out 24-36 was a purple pinky thingy. Now running joke but hey not a bad call eh?

That was good, Ask and you shall receive

My guess for maxs are somewhat north and west of the 1978 axis--NE CT, NW RI, ORH, LWM--and maybe 20-30 miles either side. Secondary max on the east slopes of the Berks if storm ticks west or does loup de loups. We are all gonna do better than a foot in this NWS region except maybe the outer Cape and Nantucket

Very nice.

I'm most excited about the fact this major storm has it's height during the day. I feel like our recent biggies are often at night. 

This. I can't remember the last big one that peaked during the day. Pulled an all-nighter with 2/8/13; ditto for 1/12/11, 12/20/09. Will be refreshing for sure. 

My guess for maxs are somewhat north and west of the 1978 axis--NE CT, NW RI, ORH, LWM--and maybe 20-30 miles either side. Secondary max on the east slopes of the Berks if storm ticks west or does loup de loups. We are all gonna do better than a foot in this NWS region except maybe the outer Cape and Nantucket

thats pretty close to where 78 was, unless I get 4"qpf this ain't hitting 78 totals

Pretty impressive forecast from the NWS...widespread 2 feet or greater for SNE.  They really had some great collaboration between the various offices though, overall pretty seamless transitions between WFOs.

forecast_zps190a42ef.jpg

I think they're worrying too much about contamination just to my west up to Rte 24, there should be a max zone right in there with OES contribution that's pretty epic.  Really only the Euro and some early other runs would introduce issues back that far...and I still think those extreme west solutions were bogus.

lol yup. My first semester I was extremely homesick for cold and snow. And then I played frisbee on a 70 degree day in the middle of January, and I was okay with it haha.

And taking the Oklahoma perspective on weather everywhere -- check out the SCP from the 15z SREF.

Can't upload for some reason, but just go check it out. Median > 12 in the Gulf of Maine at 15z Tuesday

Excellent point.  Still sucks to miss such a biggie, but I'm sure April will make up for it :twister:

You flying out of BDL on Tuesday? If so, I'd say you'll more than likely get cancelled. BDL stands to be a somewhat better position than us. I have higher confidence of 18"+ totals east of the CT River in MA and south of the CT/MA border than I do west or north of those points. 

The 00z suite should hopefully help to pin down the position of the low better. Is it south of ACK or MTK? Makes a big difference in these parts.

No--the flight's tomorrow.  I'm hoping I get bumped leaving me stranded.

Yup on that placement.....Do you mean MTP?  Give me that.  :)

Congrats everyone Noyes says!

Spent several hours at NECN today, preparing for extensive coverage in the coming days. As best I can tell, a one to two and a half foot snowstorm for New England, overall, but there are a few areas that stand out as potential zones for locally higher maximums. One is from the immediate northern Hartford suburbs northeast through the CT hills into Southern Worcester County MA. The other area should be north coastal Massachusetts in Essex County southward through Boston Metro to interior Southeast MA, particularly focused on Norfolk, Northern interior Plymouth and Northern Bristol Counties. In both of these highlighted areas, localized amounts of 30-36" cannot be ruled out.

Archived