Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm Disco for Manitoba Mauler 01/26/27

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shift that a little further west and it will match my avatar........lol

HAHA Nice. Well I'm sure glad I didn't come home for the 3-6 dud (Which I felt was a dud all along) but I'm supposed to come home Tuesday from the NAMM Show in LA. I'm relying on All my best weather buds to tell me if I should change flights to Monday (Currently about 200 bucks more) to not miss this.

Thanks in Advance!

HAHA Nice. Well I'm sure glad I didn't come home for the 3-6 dud (Which I felt was a dud all along) but I'm supposed to come home Tuesday from the NAMM Show in LA. I'm relying on All my best weather buds to tell me if I should change flights to Monday (Currently about 200 bucks more) to not miss this.

Thanks in Advance!

Change it to Monday

Thanks in Advance!

Change it. You won't make it in Tuesday. And how is a 3-6 a dud this winter? This is a nice event today.

Fair enough...I wasn't following the model thread closely the last day or two so I missed that. Kudos to you and anyone who hadn't given up on this.

Sent from my iPhone

:)   what, give up ... a snow chance, on THIS forum?!   

j/k... Yeah, in fairness it was really just all about wave-length conservation/arguments, and that an east position didn't make sense with a ridge node fixed 120W over the Rockies and not progressing east and/or breaking down in doing so.  The west correction seems sort of simple now in retrospect.. .

Buuut, we'll see how it plays out..

lol, You and one other may have that nightmare, If todays is and indicator, I would worry more about it going to far east

Well the concern to watch with this system will be does it bomb out like modeled. We've had a few systems this season that look like nukes in this 48-84 hour range, only to back off a bit on strength as Hour-0 approaches.

This past system did it a little bit, and our paste storm last week also trended a little weaker and east in the last 24 hours.

I'd feel good about this one on the coast, but inland will have to watch how it deepens. But that's a game time concern...one of those things where each RAP run comes out a few miles east and weaker as it approaches.

:)   what, give up ... a snow chance, on THIS forum?!   

j/k... Yeah, in fairness it was really just all about wave-length conservation/arguments, and that an east position didn't make sense with a ridge node fixed 120W over the Rockies and not progressing east and/or breaking down in doing so.  The west correction seems sort of simple now in retrospect.. .

Buuut, we'll see how it plays out..

Of course...pretty self explanatory...not sure how we all missed that  :P

Archived