• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Storm Disco for Manitoba Mauler 01/26/27

Damage In Tolland

as I  said my  Blog   on thursday night  MANITOBA MAULERS  are rare   but    extremely   dangerous or    dynammic. 

8-10 FEB 1969 and   FEB  5-7  1978    both  MM....

I dont know if NYC LI  and  se third of New England  are  going to get crushed like this  BUT   it might

Once  this MM  reaches the coast  ...with its severe negative tilt...it  is  going to  go BOOM 

Perhaps it drops  further south .... 

Models brought it back in a big way overnight. Hopefully it doesn't end up south of us 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other point...  we wont know  how  far south  the MM will  " dig" until this current Low  gets up into  SE Canada  ... and becomes the 50/ 50 Low...

in fact the whole      god damn  pattern   has     changed  as the PV  has  finally  left  Baffin island  and  is coming  south ...

NOW  its winter ...  maybe  60 days  of it coming 

post-9415-0-93920900-1422101104_thumb.jp

One other point...  we wont know  how  far south  the MM will  " dig" until this current Low  gets up into  SE Canada  ... and becomes the 50/ 50 Low...

in fact the whole      god damn  pattern   has     changed  as the PV  has  finally  left  Baffin island  and  is coming  south ...

NOW  its winter ...  maybe  60 days  of it coming 

Judah Cohen delayed but not denied

Why are people saying 12"+, and even 18" in the other thread?

Is that relegated to the cape?

That's the op euro.

And I should have stated it more clearly, it's .7" QPF at BOS on the ens, which could easily be 10" with ratios.

James, the ens are around 1" QPF for you give or take a tenth or two.

Excellent development last night on the Euro and even more heartening to see significant ensemble support. I'm cautiously optimistic. Interesting coincidence: I night-skied Pat's Peak one week before the Feb '13 blizzard and, in an effort to appease Ullr and get the juju flowing this year, I did the same last weekend. If this Mon-Tues storm pans out, it's going to became an annual homage lol.   

So this is the follow up clipper? A lot of people were refusing to write that one off, I think Tip was most linguistic about it.

So I just looked, and no it's not.

The Euro goes from a DC clipper to a New England KU in one run, and the GFS which was showing a hit, and the finally caved to the rest of guidance, still shows zip for anything outside of EMA, RI and up the coast?

Color me skeptical ATM.

Just saw the Euro and reading through the model thread. Who would've called that Euro run? Hopefully not a fluke. Definitely made model watching today a whole lot more interesting. Anyone have details on what the Ensembles looked like back here in CT?

Sent from my iPhone

It looks pretty decent for CT, esp eastern half. The mean looks a little se of the op. 

Archived