Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 23-24 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wet bulbing... It happens

Absolutely. With my dew hovering near the 29 mark, still not entirely comfortable. Of course we'll see some nice evap cooling with the onset.

Parts of DE and Maryland switched over to sleet/FR rather quickly despite hovering around freezing. Have some pretty heavy spots that are dragging down some warm air.

Not to say that I dont think we'll stay snow for a decent time, those heavy spots have me a little uncomfortable as this starts cranking up the coast. WAA at 850 is what worries me and turning into a slop fest. Living here for 20 years now, once we hit sleet, its hard transitioning back.

Absolutely. With my dew hovering near the 29 mark, still not entirely comfortable. Of course we'll see some nice evap cooling with the onset.

Parts of DE and Maryland switched over to sleet/FR rather quickly despite hovering around freezing. Have some pretty heavy spots that are dragging down some warm air.

Not to say that I dont think we'll stay snow for a decent time, those heavy spots have me a little uncomfortable as this starts cranking up the coast. WAA at 850 is what worries me and turning into a slop fest. Living here for 20 years now, once we hit sleet, its hard transitioning back.

Agreed the first ping usually means the end. Jan 2011 being the exception as thunder sleet led to historic snow rates later on. Not gonna happen this time but there should be some surprises.

Radar looking good for an earlier start time maybe 2am first flakes

Agreed the first ping usually means the end. Jan 2011 being the exception as thunder sleet led to historic snow rates later on. Not gonna happen this time but there should be some surprises.

Radar looking good for an earlier start time maybe 2am first flakes

2/14/07 is my all time favorite sleet storm. We pounded sleet for several hours then switched over to heavy snow with thunder. Ended up with about a foot total.

Anyhow, back on topic, sitting at 29 with a dewpoint of 24. Anticipating 1-2 am start. Given the quick moving nature of the front end, I may stay up to take some of it in. 

Archived