Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 23-24 2015 Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12:30 am: temp down to 32F (was 33F at 11 pm, when snow started) and we have 1/2" on the ground of fairly wet snow.  Beautiful outside - just took a walk around and slid down my 15-degree driveway.  

Reports are that that heavy sleet batch moved through Philly and it's back to some very heavy snow in the Philly area, even into adjacent S. Jersey.  If we can keep snowing for 4-5 hours, I think we can manage a good 3-4" of snow, which would happily surpass by 2" snow prediction for my house.  

What's up neighbor nothing yet in the "tagh"

Check that light rain !

Yep. Sleet to rain as I drove north on the Wantagh back home. 

i was surprised at how many businesses had sandbags around their doors in Long Beach as I closed up tonight. Is that a symptom of Sandy or something I should expect for coastal storms as I begin to work more in LB?

Yep. Sleet to rain as I drove north on the Wantagh back home.

i was surprised at how many businesses had sandbags around their doors in Long Beach as I closed up tonight. Is that a symptom of Sandy or something I should expect for coastal storms as I begin to work more in LB?

Having grown up in wantagh then lived in long beach for 7 years pre sandy, it was sandy. On my block absolutely everyone left for Irene. Not much happened other then water In the street. After sandy (I was back in wantagh at that point) people became extremely paranoid. To the point of insanity. Any time any bad weather comes they freak. Allot of it has to do with the Irene false alarm. Out of my long beach friends pretty much everyone left for Irene and pretty much everyone stayed for sandy. So now it's a pretty much take no chances attitude. Where are you in wantagh south north or middle a few miles means everything in marginal events

Archived