Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
Wentzadelphia

1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

NAM 0z is east as well...

How much do you want to bet the 0z Euro ends up east and this become a March 2001 level bustorama...

that would be comical.

Oh the humanity. They can still reduce or cancel the forecast tomorrow. :popcorn:

Weenie suicides over the NAM? Did you see how terribly it handled the development of this system? The same exact thing happened last night and the Euro completely obliterated the NAM's solution, and I have no reason to believe the same thing won't happen tonight.

Weenie suicides over the NAM? Did you see how terribly it handled the development of this system? The same exact thing happened last night and the Euro completely obliterated the NAM's solution, and I have no reason to believe the same thing won't happen tonight.

Many people let one run kill them. Accuweather was getting a little hostile.

How much do you want to bet the 0z Euro ends up east and this become a March 2001 level bustorama...

I said the same thing yesterday but of course I was hoping that wasn't the case....ugh

Man, clipper looks very pretty and some pretty good dBZ in there. Areas of 40 dBZ, so snowfall could ramp up pretty nicely if these areas continue to exist, but eh. I love that vortex spin, makes me feel like I'm gonna get in to a snow-a-cane.

this would not be a march 2001 bust for our region.  not even close.  there have been plenty of model runs over the last few days that have indicated that much of the area could be fringed.   

unfortunately, it is. looks like about 6 inches for Philly. maybe.

METs also saying it has convective feedback issues like NAM. Still has me concerned. If Euro folds it is over. If not....time to sit back and enjoy

METs also saying it has convective feedback issues like NAM. Still has me concerned. If Euro folds it is over. If not....time to sit back and enjoy

If the gfs does not come west, Houston we have a problem.

METs also saying it has convective feedback issues like NAM. Still has me concerned. If Euro folds it is over. If not....time to sit back an

I guess i view this differently than most people.  Just speaking from a Philly area perspective, this has never really been modeled as a historic storm, save for maybe that one Euro run.   Even the 6 inches the NAM just spit out is in-line with a lot of what we have seen today.

I remember that...it was epic bust.  forum was going nuts.

HRRR is startin to get into range :  (not bad so far) 

cref_sfc_f15.png

FWIW the HRRR was awesome with the clipper on weds, totally called the miss... Also didn't do too bad with the storm friday and saturday, so it's been pretty decent lately.