joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro just went nuts. The energy on the backside of this SW catches this from behind and spins up a long duration cold snowstorm for the jersey shore but more so Long Island and into New England

If this system can get caught just a bit sooner off the Delmarva it will get pulled back be closer to the coast and get everyone.

That was close. We are just another 75 miles west and just a little earlier and it would be a great snowstorm.

Fingers crossed peeps

Any chance it might shift west about 50 miles or so?  :whistle:

Asked the same ? on another forum this was the response:

it would have to keep digging. The northern stream catches it at last second and tugs it in. Slow it down 6hrs and it would be further west. Actually, it probably would be fine with where it's at now, the northern stream would just have to phase in a little faster.

Maybe is not that crazy of a solution..

Its worth mentioning the shortwave responsible for the 00z Euro bomb is just made landfall in British Columbia. This was likely the first run that the shortwave had proper sampling by the North American radiosonde network.

I say this because the run to run differences between the 12z and 00z here are well outside of the expected uncertainty provided by the 12z ECMWF EPS... like the 00z deterministic run is more extreme than even the most extreme 12z EC ensemble member.

The UKMET tried, I saw the 21Z SREFs were interesting a few hours ago but quickly forgot about it and figured they were wrong anyway.

Yeah, a few SREF members gave Philly like 14-18 inches and I figured they must have gone crazy with clipper-coastal development (obviously tucked in closer than Euro)

As much use as we can make of them the 03Z SREFs still show something of the idea of the Euro, nowhere near as bad from a quick glance but closer than the GFS/NAM would have you think.

The mean has a heavy lean left. Actually one of the heaviest leans I've ever seen on the sref's.

What's crazy is this is less than 72 hours away. How often does the EURO jump like this? For SNE it went from 0 to 12-18 inches in one run. Could really just be a hiccup.

Yes, definitely, the ensembles will let us know if it was or not.  I think after tonight though, if this turns out to just be a fluke everyone will take it alittle bit better than if this event busted.

The weenies have awaken and I'm shocked at the depiction but never doubted the potency of this system.

Nobody did thats why the feelings were hurt when potential disappeared. At least we bought 1 more day being in the game now. If this Euro run wasnt a fluke by time 12 Z GFS we shall know if this was for real or just a bad tease

Nobody did thats why the feelings were hurt when potential disappeared. At least we bought 1 more day being in the game now. If this Euro run wasnt a fluke by time 12 Z GFS we shall know if this was for real or just a bad tease

I'm not too sure about that. We'll know by the 12z Euro if this run had any merit.

Archived