• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential coastal storm 1/26-28

robertgny

I thought the ECMWF couldn't get any better, but I don't think I've been so wrong. 2.5" of QPF in Bergen county 72 hour roundup NYC: 2.3" HPN: 2.5" TTN: 2.3" JFK: 2.3" MTK: 2.2" PHL: 1.8" BDR: 2.2"

Um... the posters on the PHL board are saying less for PHL and TTN then what you have here... maybe they aren't counting the initial clipper snows?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overall axis of snow looks a little NE of where 12z had it but it's probably just semantics, i.e. Trenton is 24-30" this run vs. 36" last run. It all comes down to where the bands set up as what usually happens in these storms. Philly will likely be right on the razor's edge as usually happens in these blow-up storms.

1st guess is   holding  

I GUESS THE    NWSFO  philly    forecast  fro    WORST CASE  in  NJ    of  8"  needs    To be adjusted

eh.,,,maybe just a tad... I knew they would wait until Sunday, AM...hours.. but I am always cautious, but based on tonight's runs, all hell will break loose tomorrow..

The only plausible trends at this point would be faster explosive development Monday night, can't see how NYC metro fails to pull off a monster total from this. Will say 24-30 inches with possible 36 local in sea enhancement squall bands likely to form off Long Island Sound. Very strong wind gusts associated with that. Frequent thunder-snow. Long duration. Could even speculate about higher totals, ECM wants to wrap the blizzard with -15 850 temps which will interact with warmish offshore temps and high initial dewpoints to maximize snow rates. Imagine if Super Bowl had been there this year.

Archived