• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/25-1/26 Snow Threat

DDweatherman

Here we go. Thought we would actually have a thread here because of what is going on with the other events but the long term pattern is looking good so there will be more threats after this one to discuss in the LR thread. This is down to almost d4 on the leads. 

12z GFS puts .4 QPF for some in CMD, but Euro from 0z last night delivered a good h5 vort track, cold temps (upper 20's, low 30's) as well as heavy QPF. Tune in for more in a little bit. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go. Thought we would actually have a thread here because of what is going on with the other events but the long term pattern is looking good so there will be more threats after this one to discuss in the LR thread. This is down to almost d4 on the leads. 

12z GFS puts .4 QPF for some in CMD, but Euro from 0z last night delivered a good h5 vort track, cold temps (upper 20's, low 30's) as well as heavy QPF. Tune in for more in a little bit. 

Good Luck. Even if none of these produce 6+ it's still nice to have something to track and be in the game. Tracking storms while it's snowing is the best.

I think this has potential. First I believe the gfs idea of a more potent system over the euro. So what we need is the solution of the gfs with the euro track. Gfs has been north with systems in the northern stream lately from this range so I'm not down on this yet.

I'll be surprised if the models don't shift it south like all the other vorts that have been modeled too far north at 4+ days

I think this has potential. First I believe the gfs idea of a more potent system over the euro. So what we need is the solution of the gfs with the euro track. Gfs has been north with systems in the northern stream lately from this range so I'm not down on this yet.

[ian]Vort pass has been consistently good. Just have to wait for the surface to get more properly represented, i.e. shift south.[/ian]

Archived