Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I don't think this storm is going poof...so we will hope to get as much from this as possible...next week will have to deal with it.

I wonder if there is actually a period of pellets to the pike on some of these solutions because below 850 stays pretty cold before everything crashes SE.

Well I don't think this storm is going poof...so we will hope to get as much from this as possible...next week will have to deal with it.

I wonder if there is actually a period of pellets to the pike on some of these solutions because below 850 stays pretty cold before everything crashes SE.

Of course it won't go poof, but it's disappointing because it screws a big widespread event next week. Instead it's a narrow area of 8-10".

So do you mean that because of the Saturday snow..the Monday night storm only hits SE areas?

Monday storm may be a total whiff except for James posting hundreds of times about OES. The euro may have a small window for something light, but it won't be easy to do if Saturday turns out to be a very strong low.

Hopefully the GFS has found a nut06_GFS_066_41.79-71.88_skewt_ML.gif

Looking at BUFKIT for IJD you're basically above freezing from 800 to 950 during the meat of the storm. It cools below 0c at 00z through the column but after 00z only an additional 0.20" of liquid falls. 

So yes, you do flip to snow but a lot of that is rain beforehand. 

Archived