SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems awfully uncalled for. You guys have done nothing but root us on for snow even when you were ripping dendrites.

You're right.

I'm being indicted on charges of grand cirrus wishing.

I should be sentenced to meteorological prison.

Sentence: Stick around New England from April-November.

Nam is not very useful yet, The GFS, Is the one that needs to make a move here i would think at 0z, But even if it does not, Probably take that as a grain of salt as well as its late to the party and seems to have got worse since the upgrade, Really struggling with these coastal systems

The GFS has been dropped to the minors. The GGEM is now at least late spring training ball. SREFs/NAM are like catching a Lowell Spinners game.

The RGEM is noticeably faster it seems at 48 hours than the NAM, precip is much further up the coast

gemregPR00.17.gif?t=1421897024

Being so far NW I have not been too invested in this but to me it's a challenging set up. That RGEM still has the strong L over Ontario, we have what is modeled as a tightly wound bomb moving along in a fast flow with just marginal cold air in place.

I'm just waiting to see what caution flags Scooter and Ryan are throwing out in the morning. I'm feeling the Euro shifting E and a bit weaker tonight but we'll see. It would be a shame if this jumps E and still alters the flow so that the mid-week system goes to the fishes. Totally possible though.

Being so far NW I have not been too invested in this but to me it's a challenging set up. That RGEM still has the strong L over Ontario, we have what is modeled as a tightly wound bomb moving along in a fast flow with just marginal cold air in place.

I'm just waiting to see what caution flags Scooter and Ryan are throwing out in the morning. I'm feeling the Euro shifting E and a bit weaker tonight but we'll see. It would be a shame if this jumps E and still alters the flow so that the mid-week system goes to the fishes. Totally possible though.

Definatly agreed, what a stick in the eye if it shifts east and mucks up the flow for the next storm, especially out this way. Hopefully the Euro holds serve.

I thought it was coming well NW also, but the SW gets elongated by hour 51 and the northern stream misses the phase, skips over the top of the trough instead of phasing into it. If that trend of elongating the SW is real, game over. Still mainly a whiff for everyone verbatim(SE areas grab a few inches), although it did come slightly NW.

IT's important to note that the GFS was the furthest SE of guidance to start, so it isn't surprising if it comes NW a little bit...what will be more important is what the other guidance does.

Yeah, It made a step in the right direction,But looks to still struggle,  But we want to see the GGEM/UKIE/Euro in this case, GFS still playing catch up, Slowly i may add

Archived