• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

Well BTV AFD spells it out... coastal lows in the long range too far SE for up here ;)

"Hopefully we can reel them in and get some snow."   :lol:  I think the board would lose it if that somehow happened.

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH TUESDAY/...

AS OF 325 PM EST TUESDAY...DAYS 4-7 PERIOD CONTINUES TO LOOK

RATHER QUIET WITH SEVERAL COASTAL LOWS JUST FAR ENOUGH EAST TO

PROVIDE LITTLE TO NO IMPACT TO THE NORTH COUNTRY.

<snip>

CURRENT PROGS HAVE THE TRACK JUST OUTSIDE THE BENCHMARK

AGAIN, THOUGHT SLIGHTLY WEST WITH POSSIBLY A LITTLE MORE IMPACT

ACROSS EASTERN VERMONT. LOTS OF TIME FOR THIS TO CHANGE THOUGH,

HOPEFULLY WE CAN REEL IT IN AND GET SOME SNOW.

Sorry PF, its the coastal plain's turn to get in on the fun of snow.  You had your snowfall for now, you will cash in, In March.  Let us get the snow fun now.  PS: Cape Cod has rained the last three snowstorms.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry PF, its the coastal plain's turn to get in on the fun of snow. You had your snowfall for now, you will cash in, In March. Let us get the snow fun now. PS: Cape Cod has rained the last three snowstorms.

If we had any control over it all of New England would have a 4-foot pack right to the beaches.

GFS dumps 16" of snow on Cape Cod after a half inch of rain.

James my friend you better hope this sucker stays east or your boundary layer is going to torch. I'm almost rooting for you being such a likeable guy that loves snow but is surrounded by an island of wsrmth, however my selfish ambitions get in the way and very rarely do you see a storm that clobbers the Connecticut River Valley and the Cape at the same time

It's hard to believe folks are buying into these storms considering how models have done this all winter only to lose them as we get closer in. This sea captain is not falling for this wave of model euphoria

Its gonna be crazy hard for this one to vanish, what may happen is that it ends up weaker and further east.

James my friend you better hope this sucker stays east or your boundary layer is going to torch. I'm almost rooting for you being such a likeable guy that loves snow but is surrounded by an island of wsrmth, however my selfish ambitions get in the way and very rarely do you see a storm that clobbers the Connecticut River Valley and the Cape at the same time

It doesn't really "clobber" the CRV though, verbatim. It is a decent snowfall. OKX better than most of BOX.

Edit: nevermind, I misread. I thought you were talking to PF.

But you're feeling good, rather... better than you were? Safe to say.

I've felt the same since last week. It offers some good chances. I still think Saturday is a thread the needle and next week is still too far out to say. However, yes I feel the best I have felt all winter. I think most mets do.

Archived