• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

Can we please specify which storm for which ensemble idea? The first or 2nd one is rain to snow for all?

1st storm is the one with ptype issues currently...the 2nd is a lot more favorable for snow to the coast, but given how far out it is, it doesn't matter yet.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IDK Will that is pretty convincing to me at 108 for Ens. 2-3 more runs would be inside 72, have we come to that?

For a thread-the-needle system?

Absolutely IMHO. I want to see very good agreemnt inside of 84 hours on those. Given the relatively compact precip shield, a 75 mile wiggle either direction means a lot.

Absolutely IMHO. I want to see very good agreemnt inside of 84 hours on those. Given the relatively compact precip shield, a 75 mile wiggle either direction means a lot.

no I mean that there is a close by intense system, not precip types, ****e precip types are never slam dunks on the coast especially unless its zero

regarding the first storm, I'm wondering if any of the Mets think the north-west trend will continue on the European ensemble and operational models?

Not by much, I don't think I can see this taking a track much NW of say ORF-central-ern LI  that is probably the furthest west this is going...the shortwave simply does not amplify or go negative early enough down in the gulf states or near there for it to go more west...also that incoming energy from Canada is an issue too

Yeah Steve, I think the chances have definitely increased at some type of system within 150 miles of the BM for Saturday...that is fair to say.

There isn't much room for this to go west, so I agree with snowgoose that this will have trouble getting much further west than a coastal hugger track...and it could certainly end up east of optimal.

Yeah Steve, I think the chances have definitely increased at some type of system within 150 miles of the BM for Saturday...that is fair to say.

There isn't much room for this to go west, so I agree with snowgoose that this will have trouble getting much further west than a coastal hugger track...and it could certainly end up east of optimal.

That would be all I would say too but man even though its farther out that second system has legs (just my WAG)

Here's a question: given the goal posts as you just stated for Saturday, how could either extreme impact the atmospheric scaffolding left behind for "storm two," Tuesday's threat -- though a week out -- that The Weather Channel just ominously named Winter Storm Jesus?

I'm assuming a more tucked solution doesn't do too much to the jenga tower, but I'm curious on what happens if it tugs off further east.

East of optimal can be a good thing for the forgotten folks in the Southern areas.   :whistle:

This is one where even a track over the Cape may not reach very far west with precip. I think it looks good for you guys down there.

You know the worm will and is turning.

Here's a question: given the goal posts as you just stated for Saturday, how could either extreme impact the atmospheric scaffolding left behind for "storm two," Tuesday's threat -- though a week out -- that The Weather Channel just ominously named Winter Storm Jesus?

I'm assuming a more tucked solution doesn't do too much to the jenga tower, but I'm curious on what happens if it tugs off further east.

Right now, it doesn't look like the 2nd system will be impacted greatly by the first given the relatively narrow goal posts. But if the first system was to slow down quite a bit, then it could create problems for the 2nd one amplifying.

The 2nd system is more affected by that ridge out west.

We'll see though, that 2nd system is so far out that there's like 10 different things that could muck it up. But "as modeled" right now on most guidance, it seems to have some wiggle room at least.

Archived