joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that Jerry..but I'm not dry humping slop like some of you are for Saturday.

I'll enjoy Saturday. First of all because it's Saturday, no work, sleep in. Second of all because I like seeing a stormy day. Third of all it reminds me of a Saturday last winter I think when we got a few hours of heavy wet snow after a rainy morning, I enjoyed that day even if the end result was slop.

GGEM squashes Monday too...this one is toast I think outside of nuisance snows. Pretty decisive trend against it since 18z.

Too bad since it had some good things going for it.

The UKMET looks very sharp at 72 hours...I'd guess its a near miss after that, but it sure looks like it could try to make a run after 84 hours up the coast off SNE.

We can always hope the Ukie and NAVGEM score a coup...they both have the Monday system as a big hit here.

But not exactly the guidance you want on your side if you have to choose outliers. :lol:

Today is probably the last realistic chance to get us back in the game for accumulating snow..approaching 72h, and if you are whiffing by 100+ miles by then, it's over. I'm not very optimistic though...the Euro has put the kabosh on this system for the last several runs and it has seemingly led the way. It did improve slightly yesterday at 12z before going back to almost nothing at 00z.

We can always hope the Ukie and NAVGEM score a coup...they both have the Monday system as a big hit here.

But not exactly the guidance you want on your side if you have to choose outliers. :lol:

Today is probably the last realistic chance to get us back in the game for accumulating snow..approaching 72h, and if you are whiffing by 100+ miles by then, it's over. I'm not very optimistic though...the Euro has put the kabosh on this system for the last several runs and it has seemingly led the way. It did improve slightly yesterday at 12z before going back to almost nothing at 00z.

Its Prob going to be like a 1-3 or 2-4 inch deal based on available guidance

Its Prob going to be like a 1-3 or 2-4 inch deal based on available guidance

I would take the under right now. All guidance minus the Ukie and NAVGEM has less than 2" of snow for us.

We'll need to see improvement on the 12z suite or we can probably pull the plug.

I would take the under right now. All guidance minus the Ukie and NAVGEM has less than 2" of snow for us.

We'll need to see improvement on the 12z suite or we can probably pull the plug.

Well it looks like there's a lot of Easterly flow on many of the products..so I'd be willing to wager there's at the least some widespread light snow around on Monday

Are you looking at that lil critter for Feb 2nd or so JC...what are you thinking with regards to that????  Do tell.

Entrenched cold, PNA ridge and hints of transient blocking in the N. Atlantic. I don't know about any specific shortwaves but it doesn't surprise me that various models are popping something up around that time.

For Monday? It should have it figured out by Sunday night.

Unfortunately the Euro has been pretty consistent with a miss (or just nuisance snows).

Don't think this one has much chance of being a solid event. Doesn't mean it won't snow at all though.

Entrenched cold, PNA ridge and hints of transient blocking in the N. Atlantic. I don't know about any specific shortwaves but it doesn't surprise me that various models are popping something up around that time.

I was thinking the same way...nice look.  Although the last few years, we seem to get the storms when things look sh***y, like in Feb 2013, and tomorrow's set up has alot to be desired as well...but it just may deliver lol.

Archived