SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one model showing the system is more than likely out to lunch. Unless you are buying the gfs 100%.

Really need to see more than just 1 model. Hopefully euro shows something at 12z

All models have the system...the GFS is just the most robust. Euro is the least...almost a total whiff.

12z Ukie wasn't very good, though it's probably not ziltch. Probably a light event, esp for eastern areas.

What a stupid statement.

You are a strong candidate for WPOTY.

All models have the system...the GFS is just the most robust. Euro is the least...almost a total whiff.

12z Ukie wasn't very good, though it's probably not ziltch. Probably a light event, esp for eastern areas.

The GFS has a big swath over a foot of snow for that storm. I don't think anyone is ruling out a snow event, but the GFS is on its own right now with the kind of depiction that it has shown over the past three runs.

That's fine Scott, I never said that was a stupid idea, I'm just arguing the fact that it is still a threat.

Nobody is arguing that it shouldn't be closely watched. However, I would need to see much greater consensus for the GFS depiction to have the excitement level that you currently have.

Won't matter until t minus 36, not a good modeling year. Going myself to scale back even more until confidence in model output comes back, pretty much conjecture is all there is when talking specifics, general temp profiles are ok but meso details are sketchy plus 36

Yep that is my approach. I've lost interest until the radar is lighting up, so far I haven't missed a big snowstorm yet

Looking at the individual GEFS members available on ewall, it doesn't look like they support an OP-size snowstorm.

If you can get decent onshore flow, you'll probably be able to fluff up lackluster QPF. I know a good look when I see one and this could have it, but the problem is Saturday's deal and how it mucks up the flow. 

Archived