SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro did push the back edge of the QPF further NW than 12Z. Hard to believe we have a final solution yet but seems to me some narrowing down is occurring. The northern stream does help keep this progressive so I am more concerned about a late shift east than any big jumps west. A couple of ticks NW could really help out my location.

Hmm, would I take the 06 GFS with 2.93" of precip and a high temperature of 35˚ occurring before any of it fell for KBOS? Yes, yes, I would. Although it would be nice for the folks away from the coast to get in on some of the action.

Everything will probably go OTS, of course.

Also wonder if this morphs into one long storm, ie snows Sunday thru to eve and then next storm starts Monday afternoon with no real clearing and mood snow in between

Lol...0z has snow starting Saturday morning. Sunday and Monday are in between days and we go again Monday night. 2 completely different systems and ignition switches.

I like the Miller B potential storm next week much better then the weekend system, This one will have more of a precip field and looks to move along a lot slower so has potential do drop higher amounts over a much broader area with minimal BL temp concerns if it is valid

There's a risk of that being out to sea, of course. It would be nice to see the 12z suite build confidence, but it's still pretty far out.

Archived