SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Discussion for Late January into February

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously? The Australian? I loled cuz i swear ive never heard of this model.....and ive bern on here and Eastern since 2005.....but hey they need one too sure.....lets turn this winter around....

I used to work down there for awhile, it actually does fairly well with systems here but more so inside 72 hours.

Curious what the euro does.

For a thread the needle event 4 days away, the Canadian and gfs look pretty damn similar

There is some predictability in that you have a steadfast ridge out west. So, you won't always see insane model shifts every 12 hrs...not all the time anyways. They still exists at times, but some stability is there.

Since PF broke the weenies clown map cherry, just a weeks worth of weenies gfs_6hr_snow_acc_boston_31.png

The funny thing about the weenie maps is if you break down the other variables, sometimes they make sense with regards to that specific model run.  Other times, they are awful.  Its always pure entertainment though.  Fun stuff to look at sometimes.

I'm not sure of the intentions of PF throwing out congrats. :lol:

I don't see how this comes that far west.  I also know that this forum is a lot more fun when Sne gets crushed once in a while.  I'm rooting for you guys.  We have been doing fine up here, and I hope everyone gets a good ride once in a while. 

There's an awful lot of energy in the flow entering the Pacific NW and BC in that time frame with some pretty strong jets.  The ridge axis is a bit east, into the Rockies...I think it'll keep things progressive.  With no blocking, it'll be a quick mover, but think there's a limit to the NW side of this.  Looks potent.

Don't really care what you think

lol, I really don't care either, but I find it odd that somebody who doesn't care about what others think routinely has such a problem with 'qpf whiners' from this side of the state.

This board has become more and more unreadable over the past few years. You used to make amazing weather posts, complete with insight and knowledge. I still look forward to reading your posts, but I must say that my motives have changed. ...Now, it's all about the entertainment value.

Keep at it, and stay classy my friend.

Back to the topic at hand, an anxious to see this thing shift north and west over time.

Mets, how much father west could this storm possibly come?

Any more Will? I'm mobile

Not really too much else to say..basically just a rerun of 12z...good hit for E MA to RI and E CT...moderate for central areas...though SE MA does get ptype issues for a time. Prob BOS to PVD jack.

It looks good again at 144 for the 2nd storm.

Archived