• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential Coastal Storm This Weekend

IsentropicLift

Don't get carried away. We can all count numerous occasions where 1-2 foot storms progged at 96 hours turned into 1-2 feet of weenie tears. And I think the issue of the warm preceding setup is real if the low doesn't bomb out quickly in a favorable track for the area. If this is too progressive, it may be a moderate event for the NYC area and much bigger for eastern New England.

Of course all of these are potential flies in the ointment. All I'm saying is this storm is a power house with a heck of a lot of dynamics and energy to play with. Yes, many things could go wrong, but imho, the potential for a widespread tri-state area Snowstorm of 12+ is there.

United States Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't let it get to you there is definitely some excess hype already going on. It did trend warmer and I agree about the CCB. The question is whether the model is correct.

The synoptics of the storm argue for a strong CCB. The GGEM says the GFS CCB is underdone, and a lot of individual GFS ensembles also say the OP GFS is underdone with the CCB.

Exciting times :) at least I am!  Those individual members have some fascinating outcomes...IMO still too early to focus on SLP (can tell by spread) but h5 not awful... fun tracking next few days!  Winter is here boys and girls... someone will get smoked, hopefully most. 

Dsnow - love this graphic, from the perspective of the fairly small panels making the classic "comma-head," indicative of a major storm, stand out more, visually, than when one is looking at a very large graphic, with a ton of other elements vying for the eye's attention.  Don't know if that was your intent or if this is well known amongst mets, but I never really noticed it before.  

Archived