joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Clipper System 1/21

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the problem on the GFS was that there was some confluent lead energy around hour 48 that dampened heights and ruined amplification chances. 18z GFS and 18z/0z NAM are able to keep that fort away from the main vort and allow for enough time for amplification, that's what you want to see if you want this to be a hit for SNE.

GEFS mean is still solid as it has been for the last several runs, but it's possible we're back to the one or two crazy members idea(At 18z we had 7/12 with at least 1" for most of the area, while before that it was one or two crazy members skewing the mean)  so don't put too much stock into it until we see the individuals on ewall(Which has been consistently late for some reason).

post-8652-0-08239900-1421647585_thumb.pn

A very good step in the right direction, a couple more ticks NW and just a little stronger and most of SNE is in for a solid advisory event.

we will be talking about this tonight, with some areas looking at possible advisories, maybe even warnings if we see amplification an a tick more NW. NAM still going crazy with it, but that's the NAM for you lol. http://www.weather-talk.net

FWIW, the Euro ensemble mean is better. Just pulled a few stations and the mean precip was about twice as high as the OP. Somewhat skewed by the 4 members that bring warning criteria snows to portions of SE New England.

I was seeing the same thing Quincy, glad someone else noticed early on. Doesnt mean that we are facing a snowstorm here, but certainly brings promise of some renewed excitement.

Maybe the reverse psychology worked. At least now we all are going to get accumulating snows..but I was hoping I'd wake up and everything else looked like the NAM

I think most of us were hoping the same thing. It gets frustrating when these models spread like this, especially 72 - 80 z out.

Archived