• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/21 Clipper Thread

84 Hour NAM

Lol meanwhile I'm walking through clouds of salt in DC on my way to work.

i don't think i'd punt this yet, though.  system still crossing the mountains.  the main lifting mechanism isn't even here yet and the atlantic is involved.  i think a couple hour period of potentially non-pavement sticking snow in the city is still possible.  that's my expectation.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big question is why in the world did the NWS had the advisory going into effect at 6AM, when there was literally no data to support that. Completely unnecessary

i think because clippers have a tendency to move in quicker than expected.  probably a cya move.  i can't completely blame them given how this area reacts to snow, but the downside is people adjusting their early morning schedule for no reason.  

It helps, but what really helps is for it to snow heavily. That overcomes all no matter what time of day.

I think you and i will still be OK. May not be as robust as the NAM was spitting out last night (.35) but I think we could see still get at least 2" out of this.

Sure, the HiRes NAM could bust within 9 hrs, but it's still insisting on a really intense band over parts of the area.

Radar looking better. I don't have very high hopes imby but clippers usually come together last minute here. Not sure I'd take HRRR as much.

for us, it's trended from really bad to sort of bad, which I guess is a good trend......my temp hasn't really moved in the last 2 hours....

Should be about peak tempwise if models were right. We could be OK. These systems would probably be best to forecast once every 24 hours. ;)

Archived