joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm done with this winter. It is too goddamn cold out and I am not a snow cover guy, so I could give a damn about the glacier in my front yard. I can't wait for spring to rid us of this perpetual drag we have been on.

I agree. For the most part, our sub-forum is drier than normal during El Nino's and wetter than normal in La Nina's. However, this year has been too too quiet. This cold dry weather pattern is getting incredibly boring. Either we get into a stormier weather pattern or just bring on spring. 

Never been past Colorado, Wyoming, and Montanan so not much to compare them too but I'd settle there.

Sounds like you did a trip similar to what my family did when I was growing up. Over through MN and mall of America, then the Badlands of ND, over to the Reservations in Montana, Devil's Tower in Wy, Mt. Rushmore, down through Denver and over to Estes Park. Awesome trip.

On the way back went through Omaha, which I REALLY liked. Very laid back town. We had already done a trip through St. Louis, so went up through Chicago and experienced "Taste of Chicago" on the lakeshore. Really cool trip.

That "frozen poop"....lol

It's a hard knock life in the LAF. :D

But, we've had a really good run here with snowfall/snowstorms since Feb 2007. Probably one of the best in recorded history for the LAF area. Last winter was of course the creme de la creme. Sure there's been some ugly moments at times, but that's winter life in central Indiana. You win some...you lose some. 

Last winter was my first "full" winter back in IN. since 1989 so I'm sure I got tortured or spoiled lol.  But there were some doozies back in the late 70's early 80's.  25 years next to the ocean will make you forget  :sizzle:

Yeah, late 70's to early 80's were the glory years of winter. Pretty hit and miss after that, but recent times have been pretty good. Never thought I'd see a winter like those ones from above, last winter. It was pretty awesome, and something I'll never forget. :)

Archived