Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll post my pics from my last trip to Big Sky when i get a chance. Epic mountain and a killer party town but i was too much of a puss for the big couloir

9242816.jpg

That looks fun. I'm glad I got my kids involved in skiing now I have an excuse to go somewhere out west in the future.

Summer is good for golf and not being cold on an evening walk. I like all seasons, except cold springs.

I don't golf, but I dirt bike, kayak, hike, camp, and swim.  One thing I'm not looking forward to is in June when part of the subforum is 70 and I'm stuck at 45.  But I can enjoy being outside at 45.

I don't golf, but I dirt bike, kayak, hike, camp, and swim. One thing I'm not looking forward to is in June when part of the subforum is 70 and I'm stuck at 45. But I can enjoy being outside at 45.

I remember in my younger days going camping with my friends up in northern Michigan around memorial weekend and it was so cold it would still be in the 40s.

I don't golf, but I dirt bike, kayak, hike, camp, and swim. One thing I'm not looking forward to is in June when part of the subforum is 70 and I'm stuck at 45. But I can enjoy being outside at 45.

Camping and fishing are fun... Michigan is nice for boating, not debatable.

Camping and fishing are fun... Michigan is nice for boating, not debatable.

I have a 1957 Cadillac boat (original motor even).  it's the first aluminum boat built.  it was actually made in Cadillac, mi by the Cadillac boat company which is better known now as four winds.  sitting in the water, it looks like a Cadillac.  can't wait to explore the dead river basin with it. WHEN  it thaws.

nice pics Josh. 4' of snow is incredible... still blows my mind when I look in my backyard.

Ready for Spring here as well, don't know what was worse, the endless 30s and fog in December or this bitter cold and dry pattern.  What a crap winter outside of lucking out with that 10" snow event on Feb 1st because of the lake.  If not for that event I would've given it a D like most of the MSP folks.  Like some others, I'm starting to hate winter more every year, doesn't help that the last two were endless cold and wind, mostly nickel and dime events, and we got to watch the East Coast and those just to the south of Milwaukee get clobbered more than us.

Was in the UP last weekend near Munising, riding in Blizzard conditions most of the time, but did find relief in the back woods off trail areas. Was hitting untouched 4'+ of powder, nothing like it on a 150+ hp sled.

Probably should of posted these in the winter sports thread, but oh well. 

The worst way to get stuck in the woods is to get a tree between the handlebars and the side of your sled, while burying the track...

Suicide starts looking good at times if it's too cold.

We did this near Paradise 2 weeks ago and I nearly threw up from exhaustion while walking in the snow. We got out of communicator range and I couldn't find my riding partner because of hills. The snow was 4 feet deep and probably had 9 inches of water content.

I actually like those pure Michigan commercials....   probably one of the best tourism marketing campaigns ever.   Very effective.

My wife works for the state department that puts those ads out. The Pure Michigan campaign is the highest ranked state tourism ad campaign in the lower 48. The Michigan.org site typically has the 1st through 3rd highest hit counts out of any state site monthly.

Ready for Spring here as well, don't know what was worse, the endless 30s and fog in December or this bitter cold and dry pattern.  What a crap winter outside of lucking out with that 10" snow event on Feb 1st because of the lake.  If not for that event I would've given it a D like most of the MSP folks.  Like some others, I'm starting to hate winter more every year, doesn't help that the last two were endless cold and wind, mostly nickel and dime events, and we got to watch the East Coast and those just to the south of Milwaukee get clobbered more than us.

Does your area have a nice snowpack still?

Hoosier, that makes me cringe. 90s and high humidity. My wife and I worked at a camp that summer. We came home to half our plants being dead. A friend was watering for us, but couldn't keep up with it.

Truth be told, I'm not a really big fan of the heat, especially when it goes on and on.  Though I'm always down for 100s simply because it's unusual (plenty of summers haven't had one such day). 

Archived