Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how did I do PF?

Nice call overall. I didn't think you were going to make it around noon today...the first part played out about how I expected last night. this afternoons burst really helped though with 3-4" since like 11am. I will say I think it under-performed a little under 1500ft, or at least skepticism was warranted there. There's a big difference right now between 750ft and 1500ft. Even 1000ft wasn't overly impressive.

But as we thought, from 2000-2500ft up was golden.

Nice call overall. I didn't think you were going to make it around noon today...the first part played out about how I expected last night. this afternoons burst really helped though with 3-4" since like 11am. I will say I think it under-performed a little under 1500ft, or at least skepticism was warranted there. There's a big difference right now between 750ft and 1500ft. Even 1000ft wasn't overly impressive.

But as we thought, from 2000-2500ft up was golden.

This was through 11AM, so doesn't include the upslope right along the spine.

10439452_808394855899084_367626498998349

Kilington/Pico was off the hook good today and just dumping snow now too.

Awesome, keep the updates coming...we are going to Killington for 3 days in February...so hoping to hear good things. Got a really sweet discounted deal there, so couldn't turn it down.

I'm keeping Sunday River in my back pocket until later in the season. They got screwed out east yesterday with that rain/ice.

I guess my call would be 2-3" town at the end, 3-6" base area, 6-12" summit.

This was a good call as of 5am when synoptic snow shut off. Even as of 10-11am it wasn't clear if upslope would bring anything meaningful as it had been spitting flurries all morning.

But that afternoon wildcard burst was much more than I expected...really didn't see a strong 1"/hr upslope band developing and holding for so long.

Nice work Ginxy...but seems par for course for our perspective personalities on here. High end of my thoughts, low end of yours, haha. You know I like to be pleasantly surprised.

This was through 11AM, so doesn't include the upslope right along the spine.

10439452_808394855899084_367626498998349

Yeah it really dumped this afternoon...that was a healthy looking band for a few hours.

Even at home there's 1.5" from this afternoon...was just out shoveling and the walkway has the new accumulation since 12pm on it. So my 3.2" this morning could be updated to 4.7"...though some melted this morning at 33F but net gain of 3-4" and lots of substance to the pack.

Driving around Greenfield today, after being away all weekend, It looks like there must have been hours of freezing rain sunday. Many driveways are a sheet of ice including my own and there is still full snow cover although a bit more compacted than when I left.

Some of the low lying fields look like bona fide skating rinks. I'm talking perfect glass like ice, I'm going to try and grab an hour tomorrow to skate the corn field down the street from us. I'll take pics if I do.

Archived