• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

You don't like it because you don't like longitude storms for obvious reasons.

To simply write this off when any solution is still on the table and say noone in SNE is getting snow is foolish at this stage

He may have a better chance at snow from this than you do.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't like it because you don't like longitude storms for obvious reasons.

To simply write this off when any solution is still on the table and say noone in SNE is getting snow is foolish at this stage

:lol:  Yes, that's it. If I can't have snow..nobody can. 

All of us have stated why it's a long shot. You wrap your hand around these ridiculous outcomes all the time. Maybe you get an inch? Oh boy!!

Even the 18z GFS from yesterday was mainly cold rain to an inch or two of snow on the backside for Kevin. If that excites you, go for it, but right now that solution has no support whatsoever.

And I disagree completely that the clipper is dead.

If this doesn't blow up there is no clipper. Period. And yes I get excited about potential of 1-3 inches of snow. Just as you did about your 1/2 inch last night

If this doesn't blow up there is no clipper. Period. And yes I get excited about potential of 1-3 inches of snow. Just as you did about your 1/2 inch last night

If this had a legit shot at 1-3", then there would be more discussion...the 1-3" scenario is a longshot itself.

Awesome, I really hope you get your 1-3" and we're wrong, but I don't see it. I get excited about realistic outcomes, not 1 in 20 hail mary shots on the backside of what will likely be a cold rainstorm.

And I'd think this not blowing up gives the clipper more room to amplify, something like the EURO solution will squash it under the confluence and you don't want that.

Sugarloaf / Sunday River get some goods

I'll be up there tomorrow night to Monday afternoon, should hopefully be a good time. They need the snow pretty badly up there, a lot of base on the trails but there's still a crust from the 1/3 mess that's making all of the off trail stuff out for now. 6" of paste would go a long way...

Awesome, I really hope you get your 1-3" and we're wrong, but I don't see it. I get excited about realistic outcomes, not 1 in 20 hail mary shots on the backside of what will likely be a cold rainstorm.

And I'd think this not blowing up gives the clipper more room to amplify, something like the EURO solution will squash it under the confluence and you don't want that.

The clipper is sheared by the Euro since it cuts so far west and the ULL squashes it. What you want is what the Ens do and develop it SE of SNE and dig the H5 and then move it NE. So you get snow on backside and clipper still has room to amplify.

18z gfs last night was probably one of the better case scenarios for this system, and even that is highly unlikely

This is just another rainstorm in winter 14-15. Will be nice to get a deluge and wash all the salt off cars and roads.

Maybe some flip to a sloppy coating on the backside. If thats what you live for, enjoy.

timing would have to be impeccable for anyone to see more than a coating outside of possibly the Berks and Manadnocks. If it phases too quickly and the trough goes negative too soon, it will cut inland,but if it stays a more neutral tilted trough with a weaker surface reflection then the antecedent air mass will be too warm and the storm center will not be strong enough to pull down the cold air from higher in the atmosphere and from the west in enough time. it's not impossible but definitely about as thread the needle as you can get.

Them over to the Whites....maybe N Greens if this ends up a bit west....are the spots that could see some real snow out of this.

To be honest I'm totally fine with this staying away from here. 12z GFS is perfect...00z EURO was scary.

MLK weekend, third biggest period of the ski season business wise. Don't need any weather events. Even snowstorms, this crowd is a fair weather crowd. Personally I always want a snowstorm, but if there's a time for a whiff it's this weekend. Rain would be scary but luckily it would be the lowest volume day for ski resorts on Monday.

it still looks fairly pedestrian on the Canadian, doesn't even throw any precip west of 91, more like a coating to an inch and not 1-3. I'm not rooting against this but I would like to see something a little juicier and colder.

Does not develop the low until late once its in DE Maine

Archived