• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rowdy2x
    Newest Member
    Rowdy2x

Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

WSW says 3-6" and we've blown past that down here.

Their map has us at 4-6", but yeah, there's already spotter reports of 7" in Clements and California.

I can't believe southern MD got bull's eyed on President's Day two years in a row! There's something magical about this day lol

Fwiw- our current weather warning is 6-10 inches of snow and 1/10 in of ice. And it's saying the changeover to plain rain isn't going to happen until after midnight. Quite a change from even a few hours ago.

It's possible. Our temps have been lower than forecast so far for the entire event. Holding at 24 right now.

HRRR did pretty good last night highlights st marys as the bullseye, showing 5" by 7 am this morning. HRRR is now showing us switching over to sleet and then freezing rain, at 1pm in st marys and 2pm in calvert, but not after another 2-3 inches of snow. HRRR also shows around .15-.25 inch of ice in southern maryland through 3-10pm. 10 pm rain in st marys and then around 11pm in calvert. 

I just measured a little over 2. But a very pleasant surprise for once for us

Just gotta be optimistic. This is great and who knows we may get another event or two before winters end. I just enjoy what falls.3cc7dec2df94802ee1aa3788a47cc488.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

There's a light glaze on some surfaces (mostly cars) but for the most part, it seems to be melting. Nothing on the snowboard since I last measured around 1pm.

Also SOMDweather what did you end up getting? Some of these totals I'm seeing in St. Mary's are crazy.

You would never know it snowed here. 48 and breezy, no snow left from this morning, just lots of mud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Is that place any good? I've never been there. Always looking for new places to eat around here.

I love it, they have really good margaritas and i usually get the nacho fajitas for an appetizer, if i'm drinking. It feeds two or more people, unless you are extremely hungry. Also their regular fajita options are really good. My friends like basically every entree there so I don't think there is a wrong choice.

Also, 30.4F on and off light freezing rain showers/drizzle. Probably have around 1/8 of a inch of ice accretion on cars and over previous snow pack. 

I noticed now for my point-and-click it brings up "St Mary's County Airport (K2W6)" as my closest site for obs instead of Patuxent (KNHK). I've never heard of this site before but I looked it up - somewhere between Hollywood and California? Did they always take obs at this site or is this something new?

I noticed now for my point-and-click it brings up "St Mary's County Airport (K2W6)" as my closest site for obs instead of Patuxent (KNHK). I've never heard of this site before but I looked it up - somewhere between Hollywood and California? Did they always take obs at this site or is this something new?

I'm wondering the same thing. The airport is only a few miles away from me so it's cool to have an ob station so close. Thinking it's new...

I'm wondering the same thing. The airport is only a few miles away from me so it's cool to have an ob station so close. Thinking it's new...

I like it- I think that'll be a better representation of the region than NHK (which is too far south and too close to the water in my opinion).