• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

Just measured 6.5" on the snow board. There's a lot of blowing snow now so I measured in several grassy spots to compare- most were between 6.5 & 7.0.

It is brutal outside! Winds picking up. I'm a little worried cause SOMDWeather said in the main thread that he switched over to sleet. My temp has gone up from 25 to 27 over the last few hours.

Measured 9.5" this morning on the snow board. Taking various measurements around my property to compare, around 9.5" was the most common, with ranges between 9.0" and 11.5". A lot of drifting obviously, so I don't know how accurate it is.

I think that long period of sleet in the middle of the night really cut down on accumulations here. But its snowing hard now so we'll see how much we'll make up.

Edit: Also the high wind warning didn't even come close to verifying IMBY.

I measured an average of 10 inches from various places in the yard at 8am. So much drifting. Last nights sleet and wind was so bad at 1:30am that both kids woke up screaming monsters were attacking their walls ;-)

I couldn't sleep either. I expected wind to keep me up- instead it was sleet! My wife and son both woke up from it too.

Alex - what do u think of our chances of wraparound snow later today and tonight? Maybe a couple of inches?

They're saying 1-3....sounds about right and with the 4-5 we got last night puts us in the 5-8 range that most forecasts were going with..the wind is the big concern for me...listening to wgmd and hearing of massive coastal flooding. Lewea has exceeded the surge from the storm of 62. Had to drive to work and the stop lights were spinning around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk