Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

@Wxdavis5784 Thank you again for your brave act of sacrifice. With Friday’s upcoming event, you will forever secure your place in SoMD history. :lol:

Anytime! My family keeps bragging to me about how much they got. I’m sitting here looking at brown grass, exactly what I told you would happen back in July! 

Obs thread this morning.

6 hours ago, high risk said:

Sneaky freezing drizzle potential early Wednesday?     Several CAMs show some spotty light precip early Wednesday generally on the east side of the Potomac.    Some of it is shown as rain, but some of it is freezing rain.    Air temperatures are progged to be right around freezing, but the surface temperatures will likely be colder than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good idea to issue the advisory tonight to be safe. Even if temps climb above freezing which they’re supposed to do very late tonight, any rain/drizzle that falls can still freeze on contact since ground temps are now below freezing due to snow cover. Especially on untreated areas. 

Also, I’m hoping for more snow Thursday night! I like what models are showing so far. I’ll take the 18z GFS. ;)

989BAF17-4C5E-4EE6-BB03-000CE18B0078.png

• Like 3

No issues driving down to California- above freezing and I don’t think anyone got any precip. Beautiful drive down- trees are still pasted white. There’s a LOT of downed evergreen trees, the impacts remind me a lot of the ice storms last year. Crews were out clearing them. One of the intersections in southern Calvert had a power outage that SMECO was working on.

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling better about this Friday. Not quite there yet, but it's trending towards being a southern slider. Plenty of cold air around and if it comes in more amped/better timed, we cash in. If not, it's out to sea. But regardless, we don't end up with a slopfest or cold rain. All guidance trended better on the 00z. Another day of that and we'll be inside the D4 window and I'd be ready to get excited.

• Like 1