• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

That warm nose around 800-700mb showing up on the NAM is worrying me a bit about a sloppy p-type. Rain to wet concrete and a band of sleet mix in there somewhere. Will have to dig in on BUFKIT tomorrow and check it out.

The Euro is a significantly better scenario for snow, where it starts in the wee hours and diabatic cooling keeps the column from warming up too much.

Edit: The 06z NAM is a total weenie run for Lowershore. Plasters him with probably 10-12" of wet concrete. On a more serious note, that's a perfect slider track for SoMo and the lower shore. Last couple of runs were a hair north. Still ~48 hours to go, so no guarantees of course, but having the Euro and NAM sniffing out the exact same scenario is great stuff at this range.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, csnavywx said:

Nice belt of unstable air being drawn up from the Caribbean and Gulf on the latest runs. Substantial ribbon of elevated CAPE showing up that could get entrained and make things interesting.

Would be awesome since this storm is a bit of a sleeper.  I'm in Lusby right now and it feels like spring outside.

48 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I haven’t followed models at all- how we looking down here? I see NWS calling for 1-2” in my point and click.

Hug the NAM because it's got like 10" of snow.  Everything else around 4-6"....so maybe we'll get 2" in reality?  Canadian isn't onboard which is probably a good thing after last week's abomination.  

• Thanks 1

I really wish they weren't so gleeful in the main thread about model runs that rain on us.

I mean, I get it, at the end of the day this is a IMBY hobby, and we have had our fair share of storms that have jackpotted(such as Boxing Day 2010, the I-95 crew cringes at the mention of it, but that gave me a foot of snow) but still, just the same the sense of schadenfreude that can sometimes exude over there leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alexderiemer said:

I really wish they weren't so gleeful in the main thread about model runs that rain on us.

I mean, I get it, at the end of the day this is a IMBY hobby, and we have had our fair share of storms that have jackpotted(such as Boxing Day 2010, the I-95 crew cringes at the mention of it, but that gave me a foot of snow) but still, just the same the sense of schadenfreude that can sometimes exude over there leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Latest models are giving you some revenge, if it gets any worse you can expect full on meltdown for northern members.   Tear in my beer, sorry I didn't mean that, but I sorta did.  

Latest models are giving you some revenge, if it gets any worse you can expect full on meltdown for northern members.   Tear in my beer, sorry I didn't mean that, but I sorta did.  
It would be nice to get more than 2". That's my bar, and it's going to be my forecast on my weather page later tonight.

Hope everybody enjoyed the paste job yesterday. We did respectably well. Usually do with sliders. Another shot here on Wednesday night and then again on Friday. Perhaps another after that if that big honking Arctic airmass presses down slowly, though there might be some legit mix with an airmass that shallow.

• Like 2

Hope everybody enjoyed the paste job yesterday. We did respectably well. Usually do with sliders. Another shot here on Wednesday night and then again on Friday. Perhaps another after that if that big honking Arctic airmass presses down slowly, though there might be some legit mix with an airmass that shallow.
I'm just hoping for snow that actually stays on the ground. We got nothing left from yesterday.

49 minutes ago, alexderiemer said:

I'm just hoping for snow that actually stays on the ground. We got nothing left from yesterday.

Nature of the beast with these super-marginal events. Really need a big arctic high to tap into to prevent that from happening.

I was thinking about 2" yesterday and we ended up with slightly more than that, so can't complain too much.

• Like 1

Both the 00 and 12z Euro runs are weenie-of-the-year material for this region. Usually the Euro doesn't flinch at this lead time, so it will be interesting to see if the other guidance comes into agreement with it over the next 12-24 hours.

The setup is pretty good for us. Nearly stalled boundary, with waves riding up to provide decent bouts of isentropic upglide, slowly sinking airmass with a strong high that doesn't move off prior to the event and can feed in cold, dry air near the surface and help provide f-gen forcing aloft. Lots to like -- question is whether we'll be just cold enough for the first wave or not.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

Both the 00 and 12z Euro runs are weenie-of-the-year material for this region. Usually the Euro doesn't flinch at this lead time, so it will be interesting to see if the other guidance comes into agreement with it over the next 12-24 hours.

The setup is pretty good for us. Nearly stalled boundary, with waves riding up to provide decent bouts of isentropic upglide, slowly sinking airmass with a strong high that doesn't move off prior to the event and can feed in cold, dry air near the surface and help provide f-gen forcing aloft. Lots to like -- question is whether we'll be just cold enough for the first wave or not.

I'd like to order an old fashion snowstorm. One where the NWS uses the phone cord around Salisbury to advise heavy snow

• Like 2

I’m here, I’m here, I’m here! Sorry for being MIA. Total snow for the season in Salisbury is around 7 inches now! Let’s add more to it! Wednesday night-Friday is looking intriguing! The EURO and NAM look kind of similar. When they agree, that’s good. The good ol’ EE rule. EURO & ETA (now the NAM). ;)

• Like 3

I’m here, I’m here, I’m here! Sorry for being MIA. Total snow for the season in Salisbury is around 7 inches now! Let’s add more to it! Wednesday night-Friday is looking intriguing! The EURO and NAM look kind of similar. When they agree, that’s good. The good ol’ EE rule. EURO & ETA (now the NAM). 
Glad to have you back bud! Bring it home, I'll even switch from wboc for this!