Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

3 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

If the Euro keeps heading south we may get a surprise. My expectations ,after a week of tracking this storm, are 0 inches.

Partly cloudy skies throughout our region while Cape Charles gets buried under 12" of snow and your 0" forecast still verifies.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, alexderiemer said:

You know one of these times its actually gonna snow and all you Debs are gonna look kinda silly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Until that time comes who is the silly one...

All jokes aside I think we have all seen enough of these storms to know the usual outcome.  The last storm greater then 10" was 2016 where we all waited for the deform band to swing through as advertised and we know what happened.  That storm I ended with 11" of snow and 2" of sleet almost all from WAA.  Generally, these WAA to coastal type storms have not  been the most friendly in recent years, any sniff of ocean air destroys our thermals pretty quickly and then we sit in sinking air as the coastal spins up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Until that time comes who is the silly one...

All jokes aside I think we have all seen enough of these storms to know the usual outcome.  The last storm greater then 10" was 2016 where we all waited for the deform band to swing through as advertised and we know what happened.  That storm I ended with 11" of snow and 2" of sleet almost all from WAA.  Generally, these WAA to coastal type storms have not  been the most friendly in recent years, any sniff of ocean air destroys our thermals pretty quickly and then we sit in sinking air as the coastal spins up.

2016 had to be the most depressed I ever felt to get double digit snows.  

That early morning stuff should be higher-ratio powder and lay down a decent coating (as well as saturate the column) before the main WAA shield arrives later in the morning. 
Love it when you come and post in the thread. Thank you for your insights. Here's hoping for a big thump, and minimal rain

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

@PrinceFrederickWx this is my last winter down here... My wife and I sold our home over in PF last summer and we are building a new home just south of Hanover, PA. I work from home 85% of the time and most of my clients are actually in Charm City. Of course I will miss my home, but mom still lives in Charlotte Hall, so I will be visiting frequently still.