Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

12 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I can't measure either- its blowing and drifting everywhere. My unofficial measurement is about 4-5" so far, but don't quote me on that.

Woke up to a WSW- total repeat of 1/7/17!

My name's Jason by the way, you all don't have to call me Prince lol

who knew our little corner could produce a masterpiece. Our little sub subforum is on fire

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I can't measure either- its blowing and drifting everywhere. My unofficial measurement is about 4-5" so far, but don't quote me on that.

Woke up to a WSW- total repeat of 1/7/17!

My name's Jason by the way, you all don't have to call me Prince lol

Let me know what we got!? I went in to work this morning and by guessing it looked like somewhere between 4-6". Sixes Rd, Adelina, 231 and Rt. 4 were all garbage all the way up to work. Got here to Lanham and it looks like they got maybe 1" 

• Like 1

My official measurement is 5" which is also what I submitted to LWX.

Just like with HECS 2016 it was very difficult to get an accurate measurement with all the drifting. Snowboard was useless. I took about 20 different measurements, with the bulk falling between 4.5" and 5.5". Highest and lowest outliers were 3.5" and 10". Most of the readings came from the back yard which is less prone to drifting (and also where the snowboard is).

Neighbor across the street has bare grass- it all blew into my front yard! I'll never get tired of winning. :D

• Like 1

Estimated 6" here as best as I can tell, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. Had a solid 3" when I went to bed at 3:00 am before it started blowing around a ton. Have 1-2' snow drifts everywhere.

Got fairly close to blizzard conditions at NHK at times (a few obs near gale force sustained and 1/4 mi vis.). Still getting light accumulating snow (occasionally moderate) with good flake size. All dendrites.

• Like 1

Calvert county schools closed again tomorrow- my oldest will be quite pleased! It's probably a good idea though considering the wind chill advisories and the fact that most of the side roads are still a mess (at least in my neighborhood they are). I shoveled my driveway all out though because I doubt OPM will have unscheduled telework again tomorrow. :-(

well boys and girls I've seen more snow in the past eight years than I have the previous 36 years in the bury. Call in an anomaly call it a mini climate change call it whatever you want. I've never thought we be on a hot streak like this and we will probably never see it again but it has been bliss if you love snow. So cheers to our little corner of the world

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

well boys and girls I've seen more snow in the past eight years than I have the previous 36 years in the bury. Call in an anomaly call it a mini climate change call it whatever you want. I've never thought we be on a hot streak like this and we will probably never see it again but it has been bliss if you love snow. So cheers to our little corner of the world

Same here- this is my 5th winter here in Prince Frederick and I can’t believe I have managed at least one WSW event every year since I’ve moved here. It’s this thread dude! Lol

Perfect song for tonight :-) 

15 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Same here- this is my 5th winter here in Prince Frederick and I can’t believe I have managed at least one WSW event every year since I’ve moved here. It’s this thread dude! Lol

11 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

this little sleepy thread will go down as one of the biggest sleeping giant threads ever. Kudos to everyone for their input and dropping by into our little engine that could. We may not big the boys but we damn sure leave our mark on this site

I would love to know why the governor of Delaware waited until 1pm today to declare a state of emergency and a level 1 driving ban, when there were wide spread blizzard conditions across the county well beforehand, and seemed to wait until there will multiple reports of accidents and stranded motorists.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I reported 9 inches to CoCoRaHS.  I think we got more than that but it was impossible to measure so I was conservative.  This storm had more impact than last years simply because the winds were so strong.  Much more drifting with this event.  Also the temps are much colder. Sussex county is still shut down today.