Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

2 minutes ago, wdavis5784 said:

I am a Southern Maryland OG! LOL I am from Charlotte Hall originally, lived in King George for 6 years sold my house there this summer and moved back to SOMD. So yes I am just south of PF proper off of Sixes RD.

You're just a few minutes away from me! I'm in the southern part of Prince Frederick.

1 hour ago, wdavis5784 said:

Thats Awesome! Yeah I bought here back in July. Me the wife and 3 kids love it! Feels good to be back in SOMD and only like 15min from home.

Cool! Hope you stick around in this thread. Right now I just wish all of us on both sides of the bay could all get on the board (i.e. 0.1" or more). I think we can do it.

Just wanted to say hello from St. Mary's County.  Hoping we get at least a good dusting tomorrow night.  It looks like the Saturday storm is trending northwest, ever so slightly with model runs...it would be nice to give everyone there first "2-4 inch" taste of winter.

1 hour ago, snowgirl222 said:

Just wanted to say hello from St. Mary's County.  Hoping we get at least a good dusting tomorrow night.  It looks like the Saturday storm is trending northwest, ever so slightly with model runs...it would be nice to give everyone there first "2-4 inch" taste of winter.

Welcome aboard! Hope you stick around. Where are you from in St. Mary's? 

22 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Welcome aboard! Hope you stick around. Where are you from in St. Mary's? 

I am in Leonardtown.  I have been a reader on here for over four years... Thought I would say hello to the peeps in my area.  Very excited about our snow for Saturday.  Hoping for an inch tonight!  Is it snowing in Calvert or Charles? Nothing here yet...

1 hour ago, snowgirl222 said:

I am in Leonardtown.  I have been a reader on here for over four years... Thought I would say hello to the peeps in my area.  Very excited about our snow for Saturday.  Hoping for an inch tonight!  Is it snowing in Calvert or Charles? Nothing here yet...

Nothing here either. My LWX forecast has snow after 2am, up to a half inch. I've punted tonight and am watching Saturday now.  :-)

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Welp that was a shutout. My deck is wet though so I guess something fell at some point. Off to work... zzzzz

Cars had snow on the windows when I left the house at 4:30 this morning. Spitting flurries as I pulled out of the neighborhood. We get ours tonight and tomorrow, lets hope we can be just far enough south and east to get some good precip over us! Isnt it ironic?

Had a little snow on the car this morning. The 6z runs the gfs was more amped and was a little stronger with the low, however precip was basically the same, the nam came in a little less amped causing precip to move farther southeast by 20-30 miles. Ecmwf was pretty awesome .4 all the way to northern Calvert and .8 at the beaches on the eastern shore. It's probably the wettest model currently. 

I'm here I'm here! haha.

There's going to be a sharp cutoff for sure to the NW. Ratios should be a bit higher than 10:1. There is some indication that the northern stream has slowed down and the gulf is wide open plus satellite looks impressive. Could over-perform but I don't like the GFS and how south it is - makes me nervous. Grr. Here's my latest thinking...

snowmap.jpg