Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southern MD / Lower Eastern Shore weather discussion

PrinceFrederickWx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
54 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

I will be visiting y'all this weekend. Anyone know any favored windy spots along the bay reasonably close to DC?

For southern MD? Flag Ponds beach is always breezy on the bay it seems. It would probably be impossible to get in on a normal Labor Day weekend but I don't think you have to worry this weekend!  They might close the beach if conditions are too bad though. 

28 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

For southern MD? Flag Ponds beach is always breezy on the bay it seems. It would probably be impossible to get in on a normal Labor Day weekend but I don't think you have to worry this weekend!  They might close the beach if conditions are too bad though. 

This is just what I'm looking for. Windy spots along the western shore of the bay that generally do very well wind wise during these type of events/noreasters. Is there anywhere further north? I'm in Moco and that's a little too far south. What about North beach or chesepeake beach?

1 hour ago, Subtropics said:

This is just what I'm looking for. Windy spots along the western shore of the bay that generally do very well wind wise during these type of events/noreasters. Is there anywhere further north? I'm in Moco and that's a little too far south. What about North beach or chesepeake beach?

I actually haven't been to either of those beaches but I know where they are. I mostly stay in the central/southern Calvert area for bay beaches. I think Chesapeake Beach has a small boardwalk?

47 minutes ago, AlexD said:

I can't wait for this thing to roll in, I'm off work this weekend, and I plan on going somewhere between Lewes and Rehoboth and doing my best Jim Cantore impression on Facebook Live, lol

I actually went to Rehoboth for the first time last month with my wife and son- very nice! That would be a cool spot to watch this storm I'm sure.

For some reason my quote function doesn't want to work but I live in Ches Beach.  If it ends up a sandy-esque storm NB/CB got very insulated as an inlet and barely saw anything- all the action was up in Annapolis or down by St Leonard's and points south.  Regular storms though you will get a decent view on the NB boardwalk or on Brownies beach in CB.

8 hours ago, kas80 said:

For some reason my quote function doesn't want to work but I live in Ches Beach.  If it ends up a sandy-esque storm NB/CB got very insulated as an inlet and barely saw anything- all the action was up in Annapolis or down by St Leonard's and points south.  Regular storms though you will get a decent view on the NB boardwalk or on Brownies beach in CB.

Thanks for the heads up! I might drive to shady side maryland or near gibson island if this thing gets close enough to feel worthwhile impacts.

16 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

On a side note, for all the Southern MD people- I just found out LWX is having a Winter Skywarn class on 11/7 in Leonardtown- I will most likely be attending this one. 

There's also a Convection class on 10/3 in La Plata but I won't be attending that one.

http://www.weather.gov/lwx/skywarn

Thanks for sharing!  I think I will try to hit up one of them also.