• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

Hey all. I hear PA had quite the flash freeze today. Most of my family is still in PA. Have much snow left in the Pittsburgh area? Sister-in-law lives in West Hills in Moon.

We have I'd guess around 2-5 inches still on the ground around the area.  Lost a lot of snow pack late yesterday and overnight.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We shall see, set up looks a little different. The Euro does have ensemble support.

Yeah I noticed the 850 is showing a bit more favorable position next sunday.

I would still like to see the 850 further south, so as not to overwhelm us with warm air, while providing a good moisture stream.

It seems with these Miller B/hybrids, the positioning of the 850 is more crucial, than with Miller A's

Given what a jerk he was during the big east coast bust, it would be fun to troll him with this. He was totally out to lunch.

Ya between this storm and the under 47 not coming in I'm still sick,,,,that storm was worse than losing money. I little on teaser with n e + 6 and under 54 I won a little back. These snowstorm that keep screwing us evrey year since 10. U could put 1 inch on that euro I won't beleive it.

Heading to bed way too late tonight. Anyway, here's the latest EURO. Still has some crazy amounts. Notice that it has moved north some. With the GFS already north, I'm sure this trend will continue, and I'm sure these crazy amounts will start going down as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see another one north of us next weekend IF it keeps showing up of course.

Euro1_zpsd5dd08c6.png

Heading to bed way too late tonight. Anyway, here's the latest EURO. Still has some crazy amounts. Notice that it has moved north some. With the GFS already north, I'm sure this trend will continue, and I'm sure these crazy amounts will start going down as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see another one north of us next weekend IF it keeps showing up of course.

Euro1_zpsd5dd08c6.png

I know we have been screwed but theres is only so far north this thing can come. There is a 1040 high in SE east Canada.

Looks like a decent clipper for Thursday 2-3 AGC.  Lets not get ahead of ourselves over a fantasy map.

You now I'm one of the last people to get ahead myself over those fantasy maps. I just posted it just to show how much it can change from one run to the next after what was posted yesterday. I don't get real excited over clippers anyway, unless they really overperform. That's just me.

You now I'm one of the last people to get ahead myself over those fantasy maps. I just posted it just to show how much it can change from one run to the next after what was posted yesterday. I don't get real excited over clippers anyway, unless they really overperform. That's just me.

In the wake of depleting snow cover I like these little storms to start to build things back up.  May as well enjoy the small ones as we wait, and wait, and wait.... for the big ones.

lol, where have we seen that map before? I got suckered in on the last one so not really getting involved one way or another for this one until maybe Friday. How does the Euro look for the clipper?

I wasn't going to let my self get suckered in but after seeing the Canadian today no my interest is peaked. Oh no!

We probably would need that high over Lake Ontario for the storm to follow an ideal path.  I imagine those southern outliers move north over the course of the week.  We really need either the PNA or NAO to move into a more favorable position.  I'm not buying a snow storm at all right now.

We probably would need that high over Lake Ontario for the storm to follow an ideal path.  I imagine those southern outliers move north over the course of the week.  We really need either the PNA or NAO to move into a more favorable position.  I'm not buying a snow storm at all right now.

Yeah its a total tossup, the Canadian was to far South on this last storm, and the Navgem is usually suppressed if I remember correctly. The ukie did pretty good with the last storm (pretty consistently shows it further North) so we have that in our favor. Maybe we can luck into something despite all the teleconnections not being ideal. At least there is something to watch on the models. The chase is half the fun anyways.

Euro ensemble mean is way north now. Stick a fork in it this thing is cooked. Again can't get exicted until atleast saturday.

Seems like the Euro Ensembles have been following the op pretty closely even when its wrong. You can still glean some idea of where the op might go on the next run based off of them but with the wild swings even that is not a safe bet. It may end up in Nova Scotia by the time we get close by which time hopefully we all have given up on it.

Seems like the Euro Ensembles have been following the op pretty closely even when its wrong. You can still glean some idea of where the op might go on the next run based off of them but with the wild swings even that is not a safe bet. It may end up in Nova Scotia by the time we get close by which time hopefully we all have given up on it.

I lied it looks south but it looks strange and not good. Anyone want to comment.

I lied it looks south but it looks strange and not good. Anyone want to comment.

Hard to say, I saw in other threads mentioned it was South too but its all relative based on the posters location if its good or bad.

I wish we could just get a surprise event that shows up within 72 hours that just trends better as we close in. Would be a nice change of pace.

EURO way north..

post-27349-1422988114_thumb.png

I knew it would go north eventually. Last run went a little bit north. This one a lot north. That's where it will most likely stay now.....or keep trending further north. Once they go north, they rarely come back. But hey, it's not impossible. I've seen crazier things happen. Just wouldn't bet on it.

Archived