Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter '14-'15

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm with you, Mailman. I'm thinking the current forecast absolutely busts down here. They're still calling for 4-6" but the cold air is quite marginal at best. We managed a couple inches Friday night, I'm thinking 1-2" for areas south of Masontown. Brownsville may still do okay. Areas north of Washington are likely safe, except maybe during the onset of precip.

looking at the latest Hrrr the snow picks up moderately around 6 or 7 this evening and then gets heavy between 9 and midnight. Forecast seems to be right on schedule with an inch or less this afternoon and heavy overnight. Overnight accumulations may need to be bumped up a little. Lot's of time for changes here and there. I am just going to enjoy what we get the next 24 hours or so. Bring it on!

Been snowing here for the last 30 mins. Started off pretty moderate. Roads remain wet, but sidewalks were covered, but now it's a rain/snow mix at 35 degrees. YUCK

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah, I had some light snow earlier, back to drizzle with a few flakes. Bare spots starting to show up in a couple places in the yard again.

I think we look good though for a general 4-6, maybe somebody gets more.

I still can't believe the totals for NE, storm vertically stacks and stalls and it just snows and snows per the 12z Euro for those guys. Would be incredible to see something like that.

Yeah, I had some light snow earlier, back to drizzle with a few flakes. Bare spots starting to show up in a couple places in the yard again.

I think we look good though for a general 4-6, maybe somebody gets more.

I still can't believe the totals for NE, storm vertically stacks and stalls and it just snows and snows per the 12z Euro for those guys. Would be incredible to see something like that.

60-70 MPH Winds Gusts and 30" of snow (Per RPM) forecasted in parts of Boston. Just incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYC is looking to get smoked on this. I don't know what their all-time record snowfall is, but I think they could approach that number with this storm if it closes off. My old place out in Philly looks to do pretty well, too. Maybe 8-12" total.

I'm sticking with 1-3" south of a line bisecting Masontown, PA West to East. Waynesburg up to southern Allegheny probably 3-6". then 6-10" around the City and some points into Butler county.

Wow, that wold be incredible! I'll be taking a trip to the NE thread later this week to see some pictures for sure. There is a few hour period of 3-5 inches an hour...

This is insane. 45" for Worcester. 8165748f6252a493c968558ceb7a3ccd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Anyways, I think we are going to do good with this. Largest storm of the season for sure. I'll take 6 and be happy with that. Hopefully we can score a few more decent storms after this.

Archived