Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/13, 1/14 - Freezing rain threat

packfan98

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually high tail it on 40 and back roads to school for my 45 min commute...I'm going to be late today it seems. My car is covered in ice here in Garner and I don't have a scraper...but I do have a ice windshield cover and a lock de-icer my mother got me for Christmas...the cover I didn't use obviously. :arrowhead:

Absolutely nothing in Monroe, NC or on my way in to Uptown Charlotte. It was 31 degrees at 6:50am. Got to work by 7:30am. My 40 minute commute today usually takes an hour or more!

If Bill Belichick were a meteorologist, he'd say "We're on to waiting for the next storm." :mellow:

If Belichick were a meterologist he would take secret video of what the weather patterns were planning. He would predict 10 days out to perfection.

Dozens of wrecks in and around Henderson. Can't tell you many cars were off the sides of the roads or how many places you could tell where people had gone off the roads.

Does anyone know of anywhere that has a good build up on trees? I'd like to head there to get aerials

Sounds like the Roanoke Rapids area got around a tenth of accretion.

Some pictures from northeastern Franklin County, NC. Still 30F outside and drizzling at 1:15PM. More ice than I imagined/expected to visually see, even on the grass.

Beautiful pics, JWXnc.  Thanks for sharing.  I particularly like the one with the miniature windmill.  At least somebody got some ice out of this event...after 24 pages of discussion.

Beautiful pics, JWXnc.  Thanks for sharing.  I particularly like the one with the miniature windmill.  At least somebody got some ice out of this event...after 24 pages of discussion.

Thanks, calc!  The ground is still white with all the ice on the grass (it looks like a heavy frost), trees are still covered, the porch is still a sheet of ice. It was a decent event here. The roads seem fine, but the landscape is beautiful with all the ice and icicles everywhere. Doesn't look like anything melted much today.

Nothing major up my way, probably less than .10 zr, most coming before 11:00pm last night. What did fall stuck, though. Slick porches, but roads were alright this morning.

There was a fatal car accident on NC-14 near Eden this morning.

Yeah it was a pretty bad situation in Rockingham county today. Guy who died was a friend of the family. Very sad.

Archived