SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 12-14 Minor Ice and Snow Disco/Obs

Bob Chill

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current temp imby is 36 but the dp is only 12..if dews can stay in the teens/low 20s, we'll probably see some decent wetbulb responses during the precip.

I'm sure most of us will drop back below freezing this evening. I just don't expect this to be a big deal aside from the far reaches....

A few hour of flurries but at least something came back.

Easy peasy forecast for Woodbridge.

Increasing clouds with a short period of vanishingly light freezing drizzle maybe about 14 drops of light freezing rain before strong surface warming plus a raging warm nose changes the precip to a steady regular rain most of the day Monday with highs near 43 degrees.

It's not a particularly hard forecast - this aint Alberta Canada. This is northern Virginia the winter after we got 50 inches of snow. We'll see a lot of rain this winter. Easy forecast. East based -NAO plus a vanishingly weak Nino will see to that.

37 degrees here at 750pm, looking forward to some regular rain later on tonight. Dewpoints are rising fast, so cooling will NOT cause ice tonight in Woodbridge. We are going to get away with this completely scot-free! I'm so enthused about cartop coating of raindrops. Its encouraging that most of the snow and ice on roads is not only melted, but dried up. You guys in Winchester can have all the freezing rain and horrific car accidents you want. It's going to freezing rain in the mountains right thru Monday night.

We need a good rain to wash away all this crud on our streets. The brining crews went overboard like usual - everyone is so damn afraid of an unexpected snow or ice event making them look bad. To add insult to injury: Guess who pays for all that unnecessary brining? That's damn right - WE DO! We pay for it all IN FULL. Don't they realize that the overall weather pattern this winter means 99.999999999999 percent of our events will be regular rain. regardless of how cold it gets the night before?

I am certain that Fairfax, Arlington and DC road crews will drop at least an inch of road salt on all their roads after that horrifying debacle with the last clipper lmao.

37 degrees here at 750pm, looking forward to some regular rain later on tonight. Dewpoints are rising fast, so cooling will NOT cause ice tonight in Woodbridge. We are going to get away with this completely scot-free! I'm so enthused about cartop coating of raindrops. Its encouraging that most of the snow and ice on roads is not only melted, but dried up. You guys in Winchester can have all the freezing rain and horrific car accidents you want. It's going to freezing rain in the mountains right thru Monday night.

We need a good rain to wash away all this crud on our streets. The brining crews went overboard like usual - everyone is so damn afraid of an unexpected snow or ice event making them look bad. To add insult to injury: Guess who pays for all that unnecessary brining? That's damn right - WE DO! We pay for it all IN FULL. Don't they realize that the overall weather pattern this winter means 99.999999999999 percent of our events will be regular rain. regardless of how cold it gets the night before?

I am certain that Fairfax, Arlington and DC road crews will drop at least an inch of road salt on all their roads after that horrifying debacle with the last clipper lmao.

No need to meltdown. I remain confident February will bring us plenty of white stuff.

Edit - 31 degrees here.

Sleeting and instantly slick out in the driveway. Guess the ground is still frozen, nearly ate it pushing out the trash can.

Air temp 35.7

LMAO on the slick driveway! Loudoun, especially western Loudoun is beautiful countryside but you pay for it in colder winters. There is something good to be said for eastern Prince William being only 65 feet above sea level and 37 mild degrees!

No need to meltdown. I remain confident February will bring us plenty of white stuff.

Edit - 31 degrees here.

I'm actually quite pleased lol. I am GLAD I will not have to deal with all that ice like Loudoun will. I'm nearly 51 now, I aint no spring chicken like 10 years ago. I fall on that ice now I will get hurt BAD, and for keeps.

Archived