• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential coastal storm Wednesday-Friday 1/14-16/2015

famartin

Euro has had it for the last several runs, though its been a bit murky with exact track and temps (not surprisingly this far out).  GFS is suppressed, but also has a storm.  GGEM is faster, with a system centered more on Wednesday as opposed to the Euro and GFS's Thursday storm.  Etc etc... its within a week so might as well make a thread.

Euro has had it for the last several runs, though its been a bit murky with exact track and temps (not surprisingly this far out).  GFS is suppressed, but also has a storm.  GGEM is faster, with a system centered more on Wednesday as opposed to the Euro and GFS's Thursday storm.  Etc etc... its within a week so might as well make a thread.

Plus, you've got the hot hand right now - keep it going Ray!

GFS is OTS.

PGFS skirts us and is a close call to being something nicer:

gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.png

Well, considering the NAO is Positive.  I would think at this time it is a good thing to have the storm off the coast if you would like to get wintry precipitation.   We can thread the needle later on during the runs tonight and through the weekend we still have some time to work on this being its hour 156.

I believe despite a +NAO which promotes the dreaded fast progressive flow we can win here.  Just keep the storm to the right of the coast (east) and we may just do fine.

AKA last year!  (Sorry Tombo and yes I am being Sincere! Happy New Year!)

I think the blockbuster storm comes in February when hopefully when we can get some decent blocking!

Comical swing of events but obvious confusion going into next week.  Now we need to find out why the models are so confused; any thoughts?

Most likely the upgrades the ECM has received over the last year have thrown it off balance. That and the Pacific jet this winter, but yeah ECM long range wasn't doing so well showing too many fantasy threats the final 4-6 weeks of last winter.

Dewpoint running single numbers to North Carolina South Carolina line with low De points many other locations screams evap cooling and temps falling quite a bit with precip coming in. If skies can stay somewhat pt cloudy or clear more cooling but that's a big if but not the low dew points. Should be interesting to see what happens. Water on drive back to ice despite 38 degrees there is the cold ground factor.

Even the progressive navgem has this affecting the mid Atlantic into south jersey.

Ok i'm interested but will feel better when some GFS support is gained.  Mt Holly going with a mix bag down here.  Might end up being snow to mix back to snow if the NAM is correct.  This might be a pleasant surprise.

Ok i'm interested but will feel better when some GFS support is gained. Mt Holly going with a mix bag down here. Might end up being snow to mix back to snow if the NAM is correct. This might be a pleasant surprise.

I dont think the gfs gets on board until too late....struggles with inverted trof and mesoscale features.

Archived