joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snow/Mixed Precip

Hoosier

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temperatures this morning are really putting me on edge. It's looking like the sleet line could make it as far north as Fort Wayne. Was REALLY hoping we could avoid that...

Welcome to the board! Nice to have another FWA area poster here.

I was attending Emergency Management training with an IWX met today in Columbia City. When we walked out of training about 2:30, we both looked like this: :yikes: :yikes: Local bank clock showed 32°. 29° was the predicted high. We'll see if it makes a difference in p-types.

Just had a line of sl**t roll through here. Not a good start.

Alek what do you think of the LE possobility? NAM is bullish.

LOT:

SHALLOW IN THE 1000-900MB LAYER...WITH WEAK LIFT OF PARCELS INTO THE

FAVORED DGZ. THE BAND SHOULD BE CONFINED AT THE ONSET EAST OF

CHICAGO...FEEDING SOUTH ACROSS NORTHWEST IN. WINDS ACROSS THE UPPER

PENINSULA OF MI BEGIN TO TURN NORTHEASTERLY...WHICH SHOULD STEADILY

TRICKLE SOUTH ACROSS THE LAKE AND BEGIN TO BRING THE BAND WEST

ACROSS CHICAGO AFT 00Z TUE. A MESO-LOW SHUD DEVELOP ACROSS THE

SOUTHERN TIP OF LAKE MICHIGAN...AND WILL HELP IN BRINGING THE BAND

FURTHER WEST AND SLIGHTLY NORTH INTO LAKE/NORTHERN COOK COUNTIES IL.

HAVE NUDGED UP THE POPS FOR MON AFTN/EVE...TO REFLECT THIS BAND OF

SNOW. CURRENTLY ANTICIPATE THE ACCUMULATING SNOW TO BE FOCUSED IN

NORTHWEST IN SHIFTING WEST ACROSS COOK/LAKE COUNTY IL. AT THIS TIME

GIVEN THE PLACEMENT...AND A LITTLE EXTRA CONVERGENCE LATE MON

EVE...EXPECT LAKE COUNTY IL TO SEE BETWEEN 1 TO 2 INCHES THRU EARLY

TUE MORNING. ELSEWHERE IT LOOKS LIKE GENERALLY ARND AN INCH OR LESS.

BUT IF GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO LEAN TOWARDS A SLIGHTLY STRONGER

OMEGA/CONVERGENCE...LAKE COUNTY IL COULD SEE SLIGHTLY HIGHER TOTALS.

DAB

LOT:

IT APPEARS THAT A WEST-SOUTHWEST TO EAST-NORTHEASTERLY ORIENTED BAND

OF LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW WILL FOCUS/DEVELOP EARLY THIS EVENING

WITHIN ABOUT OF 40 TO 60 MILE CORRIDOR CENTERED ROUGHLY BETWEEN THE

THE I80 AND I90 CORRIDORS. THIS BAND OF SNOW LOOKS TO BE BE IN

ASSOCIATION WITH A BAND OF DEVELOPING/STRENGTHENING FGEN AROUND 700

MB. MODEL SOUNDINGS STILL INDICATE SOME STEEPENING LAPSE RATES ATOP

GOOD MOISTURE WITHIN THE LOWEST FEW HUNDRED MB...WITH 3 TO 3.5 G/KG

MIXING RATIOS. OVERALL...THIS STILL LOOKS TO YIELD AN ACCUMULATING

BAND OF SNOW RIGHT ACROSS THE CHICAGO METRO AREA...WHERE 1 TO 3

INCHES STILL APPEARS TO BE THE FAVORED AMOUNTS. MUCH LIGHTER AMOUNTS

WELL UNDER AN INCH ARE EXPECTED ACROSS FAR NORTH CENTRAL

ILLINOIS...INCLUDING ROCKFORD. THIS AXIS OF BETTER FGEN WILL SHIFT

TOWARDS MY SOUTHEAST OVERNIGHT...BRINGING A GRADUAL END TO THE SNOW

Welcome to the board! Nice to have another FWA area poster here.

I was attending Emergency Management training with an IWX met today in Columbia City. When we walked out of training about 2:30, we both looked like this: :yikes: :yikes: Local bank clock showed 32°. 29° was the predicted high. We'll see if it makes a difference in p-types.

Just had a line of sl**t roll through here. Not a good start.

Thank you! (And thanks to everyone else for the welcome!) 

Yeah, I've been doing  :yikes: all day today! Ice/sleet turned to light snow here in Fort Wayne. Temps have remained pretty steady since about 3, although I expect somewhat of a dip back into the upper 20s as we progress through the evening.

Ok I feel sorry for the local mets.   So I'm in the grocery store and the lines are crazy long.  When I get up to the checkout I joke, "what are they doing giving away food?"... to which she says, "No, I heard we are suppose to get a huge snowstorm tonight".....of course I play dumb and say, "really?".   She said "yup that's what I heard".      Then I get home, I'm talking to my sister on the phone and she say she hopes she can go in late to work tomorrow.  I ask why and she says, "we're suppose to get a ton of snow".   I said where did you hear that?   She said, "it's been all over the news". 

:lol:  :lol: :lol:  

and of course tomorrow everyone will be bitching about how horrible the weathermen are for predicting a big storm that neve came....even though NO ONE is putting out a forecast for anything other than an inch.  Where do people get this sh#t?????  Must be facebook, twitter, etc.

Ok I feel sorry for the local mets.   So I'm in the grocery store and the lines are crazy long.  When I get up to the checkout I joke, "what are they doing giving away food?"... to which she says, "No, I heard we are suppose to get a huge snowstorm tonight".....of course I play dumb and say, "really?".   She said "yup that's what I heard".      Then I get home, I'm talking to my sister on the phone and she say she hopes she can go in late to work tomorrow.  I ask why and she says, "we're suppose to get a ton of snow".   I said where did you hear that?   She said, "it's been all over the news". 

and of course tomorrow everyone will be bitching about how horrible the weathermen are for predicting a big storm that neve came....even though NO ONE is putting out a forecast for anything other than an inch.  Where do people get this sh#t?????  Must be facebook, twitter, etc.

I haven't seen or heard one forecast that mentioned tons of snow. It's not the mets fault that people are stupid. Now if we can get some decent freezing rain tonight, we could see some delays and closings tomorrow. But tons of snow? Lol...no.

lol that's how it always goes, the average person that doesn't know weather and some mets that are bad make them think a big snowstorm is coming when it's gonna be a crazy mix of everything.

Looks we'll be freezing rain for the rest of this system, unless temps can warm. Though we've dropped a degree last hour, so we freeze for now. I went to the gas station about a block away. Roads are slushy, but the parking lot at the station was pretty slick.

Ice ice baby. You can see some pellets on the trunk from earlier too.

Looks we'll be freezing rain for the rest of this system, unless temps can warm. Though we've dropped a degree last hour, so we freeze for now. I went to the gas station about a block away. Roads are slushy, but the parking lot at the station was pretty slick.

Ice ice baby. You can see some pellets on the trunk from earlier too.

attachicon.gifIMG_0663.JPG

Really pouring sleet and freezing rain at my place. Healthy band setting up on radar.

Archived