SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 7 Arctic Front / almost a WINDEX

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It typically doesn't happen in the best of winters either. Just sayin'.......

Missed the progged lows here (-11) bottoming out at -7.5

-7.4/-17

Wrong! When are the previous times? 4 years ago: BOS 80+. Before that 2005: BOS 80+. Before that 2004: meh snow but spectacularly cold that winter, before that 2003: 70+, before that 1994: 90+.

Wrong! When are the previous times? 4 years ago: BOS 80+. Before that 2005: BOS 80+. Before that 2004: meh snow but spectacularly cold that winter, before that 2003: 70+, before that 1994: 90+.

Yeah I have no idea where he was getting that idea...BOS going below zero in winter has often come with impressive snow too. Not always though. '80-'81 was a ratter.

At any rate, this is impressive to see BOS go below zero with basically no snow cover...maybe just a dusting.

My dog is a cold wx and snow lover. Today however, when I walked her around 6:30AM, she quickly did her business and was anxious to come home. I remember being up at Sunapee skiing about 40 years ago. We go up the lift on a day similar to today and note that the place is dead...no people. We made it through maybe 4-5 runs and packed it in....too cold....and we realized why the place was so quiet. Few things colder than going up the chair in howling winds with temps below 0.

Archived