joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 7 Arctic Front / almost a WINDEX

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-21F and plummeting...can we run to -30F with high winds?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Coldest 850mb air progged to be in the area through 03z then it "moderates", so you've got another couple hours to do it, but I say it falls short. Coldest 850mb air seemed to be -31c or -32c so -24F or -25F I would bet is the floor.

At least with the cold ski conditions should start to improve at wachusett. I have not got to use my season pass yet this season. We really need a decent event soon, this season has required a lot of patience.

It was not bad the times I have been there. But the woods are bare and some trails are narrow...

Coldest 850mb air progged to be in the area through 03z then it "moderates", so you've got another couple hours to do it, but I say it falls short. Coldest 850mb air seemed to be -31c or -32c so -24F or -25F I would bet is the floor.

Yeah I was looking at 875mb temps and seems like it'll halt in the mid-20s below zero like you said. That's sort of where Mansfield tends to max out...in that -25F to -28F range during these extreme shots. Really hard to get that -30F benchmark.

Archived