Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter 2014-2015 Thread Part 2

klw

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed at 4pm Brian had only a couple of tenths of snow when I had over an 1".   Couple of hours ago I drove to Bristol which is probably 600 feet lower than me.  Hardly snowing.  Drove back up the hill and the snow was coming down much harder.  Wonder in low dewpoints if snow sublimates that fast especially with such small flakes?  

Event totals: 1.3” Snow/0.10" L.E.

I made two additional rounds of observations today for the snow from Winter Storm Neptune; details are below:

Details from the 1:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.6 inches

New Liquid: 0.04 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 15.0

Snow Density: 6.7% H2O

Temperature: 17.2 F

Sky: Flurries

Snow at the stake: 19.0"

Details from the 10:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.5 inches

New Liquid: 0.05 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 10.0

Snow Density: 10.0% H2O

Temperature: 12.6 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-3 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 19.5"

The latest advisories and projected accumulations maps are below – there's not much change in the projected accumulations for this area, but we'll certainly have to get some additional snow to get into that range.

14FEB15C.jpg

14FEB15D.jpg

Event totals: 2.1” Snow/0.14" L.E.

There was an additional 0.8" of snow overnight.  The snowfall has never been that intense with this storm, but it's very light as of this morning.

Details from the 7:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.8 inches

New Liquid: 0.04 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 20.0

Snow Density: 5.0% H2O

Temperature: 1.2 F

Sky: Light Snow (1 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 20.0"

North to south listing of current snowfall totals from the Vermont ski areas for Winter Storm Neptune are below.  Totals were in the 4-6" range in the northern part of the state, trending a bit higher toward the south.

Jay Peak: 4”

Burke: 3”

Smuggler’s Notch: 3”

Stowe: 4”

Bolton Valley: 6”

Mad River Glen: 4”

Sugarbush: 5”

Middlebury: 3”

Pico: 5”

Killington: 5”

Okemo: 6”

Bromley: 9”

Magic Mountain: 6”

Stratton: 5”

Mount Snow: 8”

Equipment? Only equipment I'm worried about is my nose freezing off. I'm going to head out in about an hour but have a feeling this will be a short lived ski day.

heading to bolton..did stowe yesterday...dont think we make it the whole day....either lift stop or cold drives us out....snow was good yseterday, came down all day, was surprised to see ice at stowe on some runs,,not much but enough to be on the lookout..about an inch overnight in the village of stowe...winter is definitely on...

heading to bolton..did stowe yesterday...dont think we make it the whole day....either lift stop or cold drives us out....snow was good yseterday, came down all day, was surprised to see ice at stowe on some runs,,not much but enough to be on the lookout..about an inch overnight in the village of stowe...winter is definitely on...

Bolton is very prone to wind hold and Timberline is on wind hold this morning (the best part of the resort IMO).

Not sure I've ever seen a bust like this. Was under a blizzard warning for Sunday morning with 14-18, 24 hours ago and this morning have a half inch, brilliant sunshine and light winds. Incredible.

I feel your pain, we deal with busts like that in the tropics often..then again when we see a tstorm coming off Africa the Atlantic action thread starts lighting up with conjecture, lol

Archived