Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Clipper potential Tue Jan 6

NYCSNOWMAN2020

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alberta clippers,manitoba mallers rarely if ever redevelop i can remember one time where one of these systems stalled just doesn't happen,but hey you never know see ya.

We can occasionally get surprised here by them...clippers have a tendency to pulse up and down during their life cycle where a heavier band can develop.  In the 01-02 winter the one system we got which I believe was a clipper briefly had a 3-4 hour period down in PA and MD where it dropped 5-6 inches of snow while everyone else saw 1-3. 

Still a couple of days out so they alert us in the AFD and hold off with any menton of accumulaton in the the forecast until their confidence and the PoP increases..

not to nitpick (which i guess means i'm nitpicking)... but they do mention accumulation in their forecast.... "little or no accumulation expected."

in the grand scheme of things there's only mild conflict with the AFD saying the "potential of 1-2" and the forecast saying "little or no accumulation expected" ....with a less than spectacular 50% pop.   anyway we can probably all agree there will be within 1" of 1"

not to nitpick (which i guess means i'm nitpicking)... but they do mention accumulation in their forecast.... "little or no accumulation expected."

in the grand scheme of things there's only mild conflict with the AFD saying the "potential of 1-2" and the forecast saying "little or no accumulation expected" ....with a less than spectacular 50% pop. anyway we can probably all agree there will be within 1" of 1"

50 is a "safe" pop this far out and allows then the leeway to go in either direction. The "models" are higher than 50 but the models have been awful and clippers are finicky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think anyones counting on redevelopment. Just trying to get it to hold together to give us an inch

But that's my point. Whatever is coming in from the West will dissipate as the low transfers. This area will be largely skipped over. I've seen it many times. The higher res models like the NAM are starting to pick up on this.

But that's my point. Whatever is coming in from the West will dissipate as the low transfers. This area will be largely skipped over. I've seen it many times. The higher res models like the NAM are starting to pick up on this.

Which goes to my comment from earlier . . . We can't seem to buy a flake around here.

Yeah that is true. In this case though, even on the NAM, the redevelopment is way too late for any land area anyway. Looks as if the 1" mark ends over extreme western NJ (maybe even PHL), with just snow showers/flurries anywhere to the east of there

in the grand scheme of things there's only mild conflict with the AFD saying the "potential of 1-2" and the forecast saying "little or no accumulation expected" ....with a less than spectacular 50% pop. anyway we can probably all agree there will be within 1" of 1"

So imo, little or no accumulation translate to a dusting or so..1 to 3 tenths..

Archived