Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2015 Arctic Attack Thread

Marion_NC_WX

Looking at the radar, maybe I should go on flizzard watch     :D

Black construction paper.....check......

flashlight......check.....

lounge chair.....check....

THE FLIZZARD IS HERE!!! Wooooo hooooooooo!! :thumbsup:

:lol::thumbsup:

I have this really bright spotlight I use. It's perfect...but man it is memorizing as hell when I shine that thing straight up and watch it. It's like those old star trek clips of them moving at warp speed.  Before that it was using the yard light. Works but not nearly as well.

But You know those up north must really get a big laugh when they hear about grown adults  running outside trying to find any hint of a few flakes falling. :lol:

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you forgetting poor Jose?  T

Jose is recovering from a night of infinite fun and will not return until next year. Maybe I shouldn't use him up like that   :P   :lol:  

:lol::thumbsup:

I have this really bright spotlight I use. It's perfect...but man it is memorizing as hell when I shine that thing straight up and watch it. It's like those old star trek clips of them moving at warp speed.  Before that it was using the yard light. Works but not nearly as well.

But You know those up north must really get a big laugh when they hear about grown adults  running outside trying to find any hint of a few flakes falling. :lol:

:lol:  That is usually done for work/school/business closing storms, not flizzards  :lol:    But......my friends/family already know I'm nutz, my neighbors have seen me do snowstorm/rainstorm rituals, so me sitting in a chair with a giant flashlight pointed at the sky just seems like normal behavior for me at this point   :P  

Currently 32 degrees and falling and by the looks of the radar, MB/Georgetown/Pawleys Island area is next on the flizzard list  :)

Top of Sugar Mountain, NC: -7.9F

Kennesaw, GA: 16F

Highlands, NC: 0F

MBY: 31F

The higher elevations will always be colder and have more fun - just the way it goes. You will drop significantly over the next few hours as the front is still just pushing through your area. It's not as cold as last years, but will be cold- especially with the wind. GSP still at 20, so it's not exactly knocking the bottom out, (big difference from temps just a couple thousand feet up) but it continues to drop pretty steadily. Won't break records with this one, but very nice to see some legitimate cold! Bring on some more!!  Let the ice age cometh!!!  :sled::snowing::lmao::wub:

18 here, and windy! I suspect we go below the forecast of 13, which GSP just hinted at in their updated disco.

You beat me to it :) , just saw that as well. Wind chill at GSP is currently 4, wind chill at GMU (downtown airport ) is at 1.

What's the coldest temps you guys are seeing? Still seeing 0 at Hogback mtn, can't find the current temp for Ceasar's head.

Archived