Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
1/5-1/6 clipper system

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As usual in these setups the 18z NAM seems too aggressive with the WAA and is causing the system to be a little further north.

But it's juicy though, a nice 7-9" swath across southern MN/northeast IA/southwest WI and still snowing good at 84hr east of there. Even looks like part of the LOT CWA would do well. 

Someone needs to tell her it's not the polar vortex next week...when it's really a strong arctic high originating from western Canada. 

"A strong arctic high originating from western Canada" doesn't generate as much as of a buzz as "the polar vortex" for an industry that depends on receiving a ton of clicks and views (or in that case specifically, retweets) from average joes...

Eh, NAM is where we want it at this point imo.  We may not end up in the best area but I'm still liking the chances for accumulating snow.

12z Euro was a whiff for us too. Not liking our chances, but maybe we can squeeze out a few flakes. I'm not asking for much at this point. :lol:

12z Euro was a whiff for us too. Not liking our chances, but maybe we can squeeze out a few flakes. I'm not asking for much at this point. :lol:

It's early and models have been throwing curveballs in the short range lately but I'm optimistic for at least 1-2"...hopefully more if we can get a south trend.

One thing's for sure, this thing's gonna haul ass.  Not gonna snow for a huge amount of time at any location, but the upside is because of the very intense lift you guys have already pointed out it's gonna rip very hard in the main band.  Also looks like some decent winds will be following closely behind the clipper, as the 1040+ high moves in from the northwest.  GFS showing some 30-40mph gust potential, which would likely blow that fluffy stuff around quite nicely.

Archived