• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread III

BIG FROSTY

Wanted to see if Frosty could turn this sinking ship around and get it on a cold and wintry course!!!  No one has been able to deliver the goods so far, So let a snowman try to bring the mojo..... What better way to start off a New Year! Happy New Year SE Crew!!!! :snowman:

Mods delete if you don't want another one started! Just trying to change things up!!! lol

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NCSkywarn - to your ZR question (topic got locked on me)...it's close to ZR in all those hours...issue could be a few things, I haven't seen the soundings, but I'm only guessing that the ground temp is either not cold enough (just below freezing at 300 and 312), the melting/warm layer might be too large causing complete melting, not enough time to supercool the rain drops, I'm guessing there's too much warmth somewhere in the sounding and not enough could at the surface...I think 925mb's aren't that cold at 300 and 312 as well from text output I saw. Bottom line is, it's close...might as well be ZR this far out.

Jon, I think it showed the 2m temp as 29-31 for all those hours, so I'm guessing it's just an error, not that it matters at this point.

yeah no sense to dissect it right now obviously haha...just trying to think what the model saw...probably issues with the warm layer.

Also I've been on the cold/snow train, caboose for people who remember, don't take my spot!!! :)

Rdu as of 12/30/14

Will finish Dec + 1.4 (possibly lower considering today's below avg temp hasn't been factored in yet).

November was -5.2

Dec precip is way above normal like 130%.

Still plenty of time to write the history on this winter. The one thing that matters most to me is getting avg snowfall ++++. And in that department we are getting shutout at the moment. But as webber has explained very well, we got a long ways to go and payday is still several weeks away, knock on wood.

Well, ladies and gents...After thinking over everything, I have un-cnxld my page. I realize that there is MANY on here that rely on this page for the videos and posts. Also, you guys help me learn a lot and have some GREAT feedback, so...I will continue to keep this going. I think for now, I will at least post a video everyday. More weather here, when it warrants it. Thank you everyone for the great feedback. I really do keep this page up because of yall! -Chris  *NEW** videos are up right now.  Thanks everyone. 

https://www.facebook.com/ChriswxmanSimmons

Archived