joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2015 obs/disco/short range

AlaskaETC

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already 23 . Looking forward to some baby powder tomorrow. The fluff factor should be ridiculous in some spots I would think.

First call

Dca 1.25"

Iad. 1.75"

Westminster 3"

Parkton 2.75"

BWI 1.5"

Baltimore 2"

Winchester 3.25"

Fredrock. 3"

Annapolis 1"

Nice call. I'm thinking 1.9" at BWI, .9" at DCA, 1.4" at IAD, and 1.2" for MBY.

If a more northern track plays out I think I'll get around 2" IMBY.

Already 23 . Looking forward to some baby powder tomorrow. The fluff factor should be ridiculous in some spots I would think.

First call

Dca 1.25"

Iad. 1.75"

Westminster 3"

Parkton 2.75"

BWI 1.5"

Baltimore 2"

Winchester 3.25"

Fredrock. 3"

Annapolis 1"

LOL, first call? When's your final call?? About 11 am should do the trick.

Not quite sure how to describe it, or what is causing it. Was looking out the back of our house, and there is a fog layer. Now we back to a corn field and there is a creek that borders the corn field on one side. We are guessing that the creek is causing the fog layer. Darn cold out and damp after we went out on the deck to investigate.

Not quite sure how to describe it, or what is causing it. Was looking out the back of our house, and there is a fog layer. Now we back to a corn field and there is a creek that borders the corn field on one side. We are guessing that the creek is causing the fog layer. Darn cold out and damp after we went out on the deck to investigate.

creek is warm, hence the fog from the cold air

creek is warm, hence the fog from the cold air

Had the exact opposite on Sunday.  I went for a run on the C&O Canal up at Monocacy and the air temp was in the upper 50's.  Fog was rolling off of the Potomac and Monocacy like they were big dry-ice machines.  When I was in clear air, it was near 60F but when I would run into an area where the fog had oozed up to the canal path, it was easily 15F cooler.  Very pretty and cool to experience.  I tend to geek out about microclimate stuff...

Archived