Total Members
    Most Online
    whetherphl
    Newest Member
    whetherphl
Isopycnic

January Obs Thread

Getting some reports of flurries in the northern Midlands of SC:

Thats pretty amazing as warm as it is here, but I guess its colder around Chester and Winnsboro.  I have a pretty balmy 41F with light winds and partly cloudy skies.  It's actually pretty nice for an outside walk.

Thats pretty amazing as warm as it is here, but I guess its colder around Chester and Winnsboro.  I have a pretty balmy 41F with light winds and partly cloudy skies.  It's actually pretty nice for an outside walk.

Its in the mid 30s MBY with off and on flurries 

Its in the mid 30s MBY with off and on flurries 

The trough just past through here, we have wind now, and I did see a couple of small flakes.  Pretty amazing at only 40 degrees.

I can confirm the flizzard action   :D   awesome   :wub:

Awesome guys. The midlands rockin the snow again. We just got through a second round of flizzard action here. The temp is  34 and falling fast with increasing winds. :thumbsup:  :beer:

Awesome guys. The midlands rockin the snow again. We just got through a second round of flizzard action here. The temp is  34 and falling fast with increasing winds. :thumbsup:  :beer:

Does look like a band of flurries developed along the trough line ahead of the cold air.  It has dropped 2 degrees since 5pm here in Lexington to 39F.

flurries reported in the lowcountry of sc, moving thru the orangeburg area.  im in chas now so let's see if it makes it to the coast.

Congrats GUYS! Must be nice!

Now the whole state of SC has seen snow since the fall ... except me :axe::weep: .

Wunderground now showing 5 degrees at Hogback Mtn and 0 degrees at Glassy mtn in N Greenville county. Not sure if that is correct, but that is waaaay colder than the lower elevations.

I just took the trash out. I didn't wear a coat or anything just for the experience. It didn't feel that bad until the wind kicked in, but that really pierced right through the light t-shirt I was wearing. Brrr... Wouldn't want to be out in that without a coat for long.