SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So JB says again today that the next 3 out of 5 winters will be warm in the central/east and we should enjoy this winter and the past couple.  All of this is based on his belief that pac will completely flip.  Based on this year most likely winding up well below climo that would put us 3 out of the past 4 years as well below climo and then add in the next 3 out of 5 years being warm we could be looking at another repeat of the 90's.  Hypothetically if he is correct that would make 10 out of a 15 year stretch that would be well below climo. 

So JB says again today that the next 3 out of 5 winters will be warm in the central/east and we should enjoy this winter and the past couple. All of this is based on his belief that pac will completely flip. Based on this year most likely winding up well below climo that would put us 3 out of the past 4 years as well below climo and then add in the next 3 out of 5 years being warm we could be looking at another repeat of the 90's. Hypothetically if he is correct that would make 10 out of a 15 year stretch that would be well below climo.

And what an enjoyable winter it is! :arrowhead:

And what an enjoyable winter it is! :arrowhead:

LOL, and for the record I think he is on crack.  Yeah, the pacific can help/hurt but blocking drives our winter chances.  If we get no blocking with a -PDO we will torch obviously but how the -AO and more importantly the -NAO goes we go.  Granted, I am not wishing for a raging nina, but with neutral neg/pos ENSO with blocking we will do fine.

So JB says again today that the next 3 out of 5 winters will be warm in the central/east and we should enjoy this winter and the past couple. All of this is based on his belief that pac will completely flip. Based on this year most likely winding up well below climo that would put us 3 out of the past 4 years as well below climo and then add in the next 3 out of 5 years being warm we could be looking at another repeat of the 90's. Hypothetically if he is correct that would make 10 out of a 15 year stretch that would be well below climo.

lol we really have not had a great pac in recent years and I would add it takes a lot more than the pac to drive weather systems assuming he is right which I give a very low percentage that he will be right.

Patty melt with hash browns scattered, smothered, and covered ftw! Order up!

You know it!  Ordered that up quick this am while the Waffle House manager juggled?  Broke his phone, a few plates, and a salt shaker while we were there.  Great night for me vs. rough night for him.  Happy New Year!

With college football ruling the day, some of you might find this page of unusual college mascots amusing. Photos are included.

A sample.

1. Rhode Island School Of Design: Scrotie The Nads

Scrotie is perhaps the most ridiculous mascot ever embraced by a student body. The giant walking penis is awaited by spectators at every university sporting event, and the costume makes sense considering that the teams at the school are also crudely named after male genitalia. The basketball team is known as "The Balls" and the hockey team goes by the name "The Nads." How these names passed through university administration is beyond us, but they have become a part of school tradition. The basketball cheerleaders even go by the name "The Jockstraps," since they support The Balls. 

http://www.campusexplorer.com/Top-10-Weirdest-College-Mascots/

Why can't I quote anyone or post in the thread I started?  I assume it's something I've clicked on or something, can someone help me with this? It's only like the second or third thread I've ever started, so I probably have blocked myself from posting in it?????

Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread III

Why can't I quote anyone or post in the thread I started? I assume it's something I've clicked on or something, can someone help me with this? It's only like the second or third thread I've ever started, so I probably have blocked myself from posting in it?????

Winter 2014-2015 Pattern Discussion Thread III

Did you ignore yourself?

Archived