Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS Para gives me some frozen precipitation around 204. Awesome. Locking this in. None of y'all get any. Y'all mad??

Nope NC will get the fantasy goods soon :) where's Marietta he needs to see these runs!! Or is he at the bottom of the cliff?

2015. Another calendar year closer to death! Wohoo!!!!

BTW, we need to beat the December Banter Thread for pages, so we need this one to go at least 110 pages. I think we can do it!!!

Stop that nonsense talk!

We are going to have a 110 page for a single threat if/ when that ever materializes, there's alot of pent up weenieism to spew forth on a dedicated threat thread!

Stop that nonsense talk!

We are going to have a 110 page for a single threat if/ when that ever materializes, there's alot of pent up weenieism to spew forth on a dedicated threat thread!

I don't think our next flurry thread is going to generate 110 pages and that's all we're going to get this month, though......

I don't think our next flurry thread is going to generate 110 pages and that's all we're going to get this month, though......

Imagine if the flurries don't reach the ground, people will be posting pictures of the clouds claiming they can see the flurries, but all I see is a sail boat.

Imagine if the flurries don't reach the ground, people will be posting pictures of the clouds claiming they can see the flurries, but all I see is a sail boat.

I'm thinking about putting cold rain events under "wintry events" in my signature.  It would help me inflate my totals if I can put 1" Cold RN, you know?  I might even sidestick my rainfall measurements.

Drawing GT as a bowl opponent is the kiss of death. You can't simulate the speed combined with misdirection they put on display GameDay. GA southern and the military schools are the only ones left runing these wing ts and flex one offenses. GT has the better athletes runing it, which makes it so tough

Lol.  Don't get carried away with tonight's win.  Since 2005, and including tonight, Georgia Tech's bowl record since 2005 is a lowly 2-8.

I hate using the excuse we don't get snow until Feb argument. Jan is our snowiest month on average. What kind of setup do we need where Jan is the favored month for snow, because it isn't with +PDO/+ENSO. By Feb I am going to be so burned out on weather, models and this site I am going to be praying for spring.

Also, now that's is Jan we can stop using the argument "well it's still only Dec".

Whenever you see or hear the following phrases:

"It's only December"

"It's gonna be a back-loaded winter"

"February is gonna be rockin'"

"We've gotten some of our biggest snows in March"

"The MJO doesn't matter"

"A -23486 QBO doesn't matter"

"The NAO doesn't matter until February anyway"

"The strongest correlation of the SAI is actually to the second half of the winter"

"The SOI is plunging"

"It's not really a SE ridge"

"Models always underestimate the CAD at 316"

"There's lots of room for dynamic cooling"

(Actually, "dynamic cooling" anything)

"A SSW is imminent"

"My knee is hurting"

"NC State basketball is gonna be loaded next year"

...those are code for "yeah, we're screwed."

Archived